• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Need some advice on benzo rebound/ withdrawals

lunchbox333

Bluelighter
Hey, sorry if I?m wrong section . I have a quick question. For the past 5~ish months I?ve been in either full blown withdrawal or pretty severe PAWS from jumping cold turkey off a 33 mg methadone habit that itself was quickly tapered from 100 or so. It?s been pretty rough, i still don?t feel right.

I procured about 15mg of klonipins, I haven?t used benzos in years but considering my rocky mental/physical state I was through with those in literally 6 days(checking script dates now lol) taking multiple doses basically every day. straight dumb, especially considering clonozapam half life.. After those 6 aya I procured 10 more .5s that I planned to use as a slight and rapid taper as I realized how ridiculously jam packed I was with such a long half life Benzo. Was trying to dodge rebounds. Well, I guess you could call it a taper but I was done with those in another week or so . About 20mg in 2 weeks, I wasn?t too scared but decently concerned about rebound effects.

also chipped on opiates while on this little benzo binge, we all know how great judgement is when oozing benzos out of your pores, and I?m still fresh enough in my paws where basically any use more than ONE sesh will retrigger some pretty serious opiate withdrawals for a few days. So around the 5 days after taking the last of the clonazapem I didn?t notice anything significant whatsoever benzo relsted snd was just feeling mostly PAWS / withdrawals from chipping opies.

Iwas taking Kratom one of the first few nights off the chipping and only used it for 3 days but one of the days I took way too much and got the shakes. I psychosomatically convinced myself it was straight up benzo withdrawals shakes, because it was about the 5th or so day since my klonipin adventure. I?m 100 percent positive it was the Kratom though now because This thought scared me into taking an emergency 30mg of temazapam , and although the relief did come to help the shakes , I noticed very immediately that it wasn?t that ?ohhh drug that I?m withdrswaling from introduced back to my brain? relief... but it did feel good. I noticed it didn?t make the shakes go away immediately it took about 30 minutes so I knew the shakes weren?t necessaraly related to the benzo, it?s effects were just convenient for the muscle spasms. On this note I carried on just tending to the opiate paws and not worrying about the benzos anymore.

But a few days after the temaz test a worried relative who I was corresponding with gave me 10 2mg lorazepam. This was 5days ago. Considering I needed help sleeping from the chipping withdrawals, I did pretty much the opposite of a taper the first night I took 5 throughout the coarse of the night not really on purpose (waking up restless every hour or two needing another to fallback asleep). second night I took 3, third night took the remainding 2. Anyways , if I wasn?t rebounding from the clonozapam binge yet I certainly pushed myself over the edge with the lorazapem because about 24 hours after my last dose I started feeling pretty nasty. It?s been about 48 hours since my last dose. I know withdrawals with they hit, there is nothing that stands out too much in these from opiate withdrawals aside from the fact that I?m completely constipated (maybe stomach gaba activity?) Besides that it?s that same itchy, radiating skin sensation I normally feel with opiate withdrawal.

Because of this and the fact that it?s onky been 3 weeks I?m considering these very mild if not rebound effects, but ?very mild? in withdrawal terms after 5 plus months of already agonizing withdrawal is not fun either way, and I feel pretty bad tbh.

Some of you as well as I are thinking if I was able to jump off 33mg methadone cold turkey why is this even an issue, but after months and months of trauma I just want to do this as painlessly and quickly as possible.

My question is should I consider a rapid taper ? It?s been such a short duration 3 weeks I feel like a slow taper would be overkill and if anything instigating more addiction, but maybe just 2 or 3 more used throughout a week or so to ease my brain off the huge 10mg lorazapem binge I was just on ? Or has it been long enough 48ish hours where reintroducing any benzo to my system would just make things worse ?. The only reason I even think it?s probably More benzo than opiate withdrawals is how miniscule my withdrawals were while on the Loraz, it all really came up when the loraz ended , plus this constipation thing is just so unlike opiates. I actually never even got the runs this go around.

Anyways sorry for the ramble - since my last doses were so high , should I consider taking one or two more smaller doses of temaz to even out or would it just be overkill considering the short duration of use and fact that it?s alrrsdy been 48 hours since ? I?m having a really hard time assessing difference beteeen rebound affects on top of opiate withdrawal vs mild benzo withdrawal , but I know for sure I?m having a terrible time trying to sleep ans get through the day
Thanks in advance y?all peace

well I ended up takin around 45mg temazapem and honestly didn?t get the relief I was expecting too, I didn?t really even too feel that well let alone recreational, I had a slight euphoria for maybe 1 hour and that still had an under tone of not well . I tried to sleep a couple hours into it and was nearly just as insomniac as before I took it earlier today when I made this post, never managed to sleep .
Very strange, I guess it?s more Kratom/ opiate related. I?m guessing it?s a bit of both? I?m wondering why the benzos were holding my withdrawals so much better for the first few days then if it is opiate wd as well, as the first 3-4 days are notoriously the worst . I cant imagine my tolerance for benzos would be that intense to where if it was benzo withdrawals alone and still not getting relief off 45ish mg temaz . Any input still appreciated though

Sorry for the long posts, it?s my first time post but been creepin for years

While 10mg lorazepam over two days is quite a bit, I get the impression that you did not abuse benzos over a long period of time. If that is the case, you should be ok without a long, slow taper but you'll probably experience some discomfort: shakiness, anxiety etc. A good place to start would be to quit taking benzos to sleep. Try and get something else (any number of sedating antidepressants or antihistamines) for sleep.

Thanks for the reply , im probably just psychosomatically making any effects worse , but I do feel quite nasty .

Also to avoid confusion technically it was 20mg of lorazepam. 10 (2mg) pills. the first night alone was 10mg as I took 5 throughout the night at the peak of the Kratom and opiate withdrawals . And the next 3 nights were 4 to 2 mg. I wouldn?t really even consider it an issue if it weren?t for the 2 week long clonazapem binge just a few days before this . Maybe whatever slight/ moderate rebound anxiety Im getting is mixing with the tail end of the Kratom and opiate withdrawals and synergizing / overcompensating. I just was pretty backed up constipation wise and have heard of benzo belly normally I?d be leaking like a faucet from opiate withdrawals at this point in time.

Weed that only has CBD. L-theanine helps, take the powder sublingually. Taurine also seems to help. Valerian root pills. Aerobic activity to get your endorphins going helps as well.