• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need input from heroin users

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
I've been on dope about 3 years, and I've been a daily IV user for the last 2 years. My current usage is between .5 and 1gram/day, very high quality stuff.
I don't really know other users besides my husband, so I'm not sure how this rates on the junkie scale. Basically I'm wondering how severe my intake and length of habit is and how bad the withdrawals will be if I quit cold turkey. Obviously I realize it's gonna be bad, I just don't know HOW bad- all attemts to kick up to this point have failed miserably, so I've never experienced more than the first stage of sickness.

I'd really like to hear from other IV heroin users what their withdrawals were like-please include length and amount of habit so I have a reference.

I'm also wondering if the few comfort meds I have will help, and how much they will help considering my habit. I have ten 30mg codeine (tylenol 3). One paltry muscle relaxer, and I can pick up some immodium and cough syrup.

TIA

3-5 days
insomnia, anxiety, hold/cold sweats, vomiting, diarrhea, deep muscle aches, bone pain - just feelinjg like death

oh and those codeine and muscle relaxers will do nothing in the amount you specified - consider a rapid taper on buperenorphine?

I do have several 8mg suboxone. I haven't seriously considered a taper with subs cause the couple times I was desperate enough to have to take them, I hated them and also I figured I'd either end up stuck taking them or I'd just suffer withdrawals when I stopped.

I withdrawaled from subs once. It was the fucking worst thing. I felt like death. I used to crush up a quarter of one to a half of one each day and rail it. Did that straight for a month then went cold turkey....Insomnia, cold sweats (the absolute worst) and the typical opiate w/d's happened of course. Lasted for 5 ish days. If you're planning on going cold turkey, I'd recommend stocking up on Imodium, some type of benzos or sleeping pills and having access to a cold shower.

I was an IV heroin user for 18 years, and at the amounts you're doing, I'd say you can expect the whole thing with nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, hot/cold flashes, RLS, anxiety, etc. If you can get hold of lope, that would help considerably. Also, if you have access to benzos for the duration, that would make a difference too. One other thing that may help (it varies from person to person) is Gabapentin. No matter what, though, you should be on the mend by like, the 5th day. Good luck!

By the way, when I kicked using these meds for assistance, I was doing about 1.5 grams/day. It sucked, but I managed to get through it nevertheless. So can you! :)

3-5 days
insomnia, anxiety, hold/cold sweats, vomiting, diarrhea, deep muscle aches, bone pain - just feelinjg like death

oh and those codeine and muscle relaxers will do nothing in the amount you specified - consider a rapid taper on buperenorphine?

This is true. Try not to take bupe for long though if you plan on trying to quit opioids.. Looking back I wish I would have done a quick taper, because i have now traded an IV heroin/opioid addiction for a IV buprenorphine addiction. I guess it is better than still doing H and blowing every penny on it, but still i am no where near clean. Bupe is not easy to get off of, every bit as horrible of withdrawl as H, if not worse... I am stuck on bupe now.

I went through sub w/d. It sucked major balls. I've never experienced heroin w/d, so I can't compare, but from what I understand, the feelings are obviously similar, but bupe w/d may even be worse. The typical symptoms ensued, but what sucked so much about it is because of the long half life, it took even longer to stop w/ding. Instead of less than a week, it was like 8-10 days that it lasted. Def be careful with subs.

Clonidine. 80-85% of symptoms gone. Helped me tremendously. Just be sure to do your homework first, it lowers blood pressure and if you have a history of LBP it might not be ideal.

Up to a G of good dope IV for a year+ is going to be quite the trial.

I highly recommend a rapid sub taper. Rapid as in 1-2 weeks, the idea being that you're using it to mask the H w/d without becoming accustomed to the bupe itself.

Let us know if you need help on the induction/taper as it can be tricky.

Good luck.

Last time I tried to kick I went to a walk in detox clinic.. Stayed about 50 hours and when they still refused to give me a sub I finally left ..walked like 4 miles to my buddies house which felt like 10 miles and I had to take a break every quarter mile.. Finally had a friend pick me up for the last mile and got well promptly.

Anyway my symptoms were rls , terrible cramps all over that made me want to jump out of my skin, terrible stomach cramps which seems to be my worst symptom when I wd.. Its different for everyone really.. Terrible taste in my mouth everythin smelled awful, could barely keep eyes open in sunlight.. Basicaly enhanced senses except in a bad way. NO appetite in fact the thought of food made me nauseous. No sleep at all of course. Not so much diarrhea but I pissed at least 50 times a day and with all the sweating too keeping hydrated is very important. Gatorade or something similar.

You can expect something like that I guess. But at least u will have comfort meds. Def try the lopermide caz some ppl swear it's a God send in wd.

If you go the suboxone route which I do suggest remember less is more with suboxone. And it has a long half life which is why it is so helpful.. The key is to have the sub linger around just long enough to get over the h wds without getting hooked on the sub itself. A fast taper works with sub and not methadone because sub is a partial agonist and basically interacts differently with your opioid receptors allowing some recovery to happen with short term use.

Good luck. Be strong. Enjoy life again.

I was never a believer that effects from opiate withdrawal was only 3-5 days long , I believe physical symptoms are about 2 weeks, the worst of them, I think 30 days sounds better as far as physical symptoms go

Ibogaine University Review - Treatment Center for Addiction

Ibogaine University Review - Treatment Center for Addiction

Are you suffering from opiate addiction? Are your withdrawals uncontrollable and nonstop? See our Ibogaine University Reviews for our Ibogaint University Treatment Center located in Rosarito, Mexico. We treat opiate users and have an extremely high satisfaction rate! See below for our reviews on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/IMdJLeHOq5E?t=2s

https://youtu.be/jCuvso6a3CU

https://youtu.be/5Ws84o0AHqw