• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need injection advice...

Dumbbrunette30

Greenlighter
I was in a bad wreck years ago and never really got my veins good after all the surgeries. I was introduced to shooting meth I liked it but literally don't have veins. What would you do?

Assuming by literally, you mean literally no veins left, then you are left with a few different options. I'm a major proponent of rectal administration for a variety of drugs. Not only do you get a favorable bioavailability from the rectal route of adminstration with Methamphetamine (and duration, onset etc.) but you also are dealing with a much, much safer way of ingesting your drug. We all know the myriad complications that can and do arise from injection drug use so if you can live with a different ROA, then why not?

Intramuscular (IM) and Subcutaneous (SC) aren't recommended with Methamphetamine as there seems to be an increased likelihood for complications. Aside from Rectal you have the other ROA's available to you, insufflation, oral and so on, but if you're looking for a quick and relatively intense onset, rectal is the only thing that comes close to parenteral.

OK I tried in my foot and it didnt go well. Soaked it in hot water the last hour but its sore. What should you do? I'm worried

Regarding the missed shot? You should continue what you're doing to try to mitigate the pain. If it happens to progress into someting more serious like an abscess, then you have to seek medical help. You really should stop trying to inject if you don't have the veins for it. I fear you're just going to end up hurting yourself.

Yes I agree completely. I wanted that feeling again and it's not worth this at all. I'm gonna go back to the old way. One last thing... How likely is it to turn into infection where you have to go to the hospital? And if the hospital finds out what happened can you get into trouble?

No, the hospital will not get you in trouble.
They are there to help people, not act as law enforcement.
If you'd hurt someone they might be obliged to contact police, but really it's not something you should worry about, in under the circumstances.

Try taking a hot bath before you lift, the hot water will help bring your veins to the surface. Otherwise smoking is a decent roa, when it comes to meth.

- Hopeless Soul

I appreciate the answers and input. I'm not gonna iv anymore it was my only my 2nd time and I don't like being scared. I'm gonna go back to snorting. The red is gone at the injection site but still swollen but not warm. This may sound stupid but now my foot feels better but my leg feels hot and tight. Am I scaring myself into thinking this or can it happen ?

I appreciate the answers and input. I'm not gonna iv anymore it was my only my 2nd time and I don't like being scared. I'm gonna go back to snorting. The red is gone at the injection site but still swollen but not warm. This may sound stupid but now my foot feels better but my leg feels hot and tight. Am I scaring myself into thinking this or can it happen ?
It can travel up the leg, so you're not scaring yourself into thinking that, and although I'm not there to see it, it does sound like you'll be just fine based on what you described. But you're making a very smart decision not to IV anymore. Best to nip it in the butt, before it gets out of hand! And it's not IF it will get out of hand, it's WHEN. So good on you!

- Hopeless 7nos

Thank you for your kind words. I can't tell anyone what I've done and I'm scared. Please let me just say this one last time and see what you think. Injection site is still pretty swollen but no heat or redness. My leg however is now cool at the ankle but hot up toward my knee and I feel like the whole right side of me is hot like my ear arm. I did the shot at like 6am or a little after could it still be working its way thru my muscle? I do have hardware screws and such all in that leg. When will this be over?

It couldn't be infected in the leg but not the injection site? Like it would all be infected right? I'm not stupid I swear I just did something incredibly stupid and I want it to go away

An infection would be at the injection site or in your blood stream and entire body in which you would become septic, burning up with fever, and likely feel like death which also wouldn't be far away without quick administration of powerful IV antibiotics. So you are likely fine and if any real effects would likely be irritation from the drug as it's absorbed from the presumably missed shot. A lot of meth is made from some pretty nasty and caustic chemicals. You are most likely fine but if worried about infection, take your temperature. Any substantial infection will result in a fever as your body reacts to fight it.

It will likely subside over the next day or so. But if you are worried about it, it doesn't go away in a few days, or gets worse you should probably get medical attention. We can't accurately diagnose your condition here so if you are ever concerned go to the ER for real medical evaluation.