• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with info on Gabipentin?

Iceman1216

Bluelighter
Hi Guys & Girls,
I have been here awhile, but have posted very few personal posts. As stated in title I have questions about gabipentin? I am working on a Norco (10/325) prescription for chronic pain from Radiation treatments 10 years ago { the Gift that just Keeps Giving lol lol} I am not complaining as much as it sounds , I understand that it Is the Price of Admission!! I would of died 9 years ago of a painful slow death from my Cancer :(. So been on 40 mgs of hydrocodone for 5 years on and off, up and down, as high as 60mgs and as low as 0. I am tired of the roller coaster and I have been here reading about withdrawals and help for them? So brings me to Gab? I do not want a new dependence from an other?!
I have a script for 300mgs 3/xs per day 900 total? with 5 refills :rolleyes:
Is that high/
Is it hard to get off, I tapper well, but then over extend myself due to "Life on life's terms" I did not plan my life to have 3 full time jobs at 60 8(, all good family owned business, with older parents that have been fired due to Covid { they are fine and my sister and I want to keep them that way❤, but it is a lot!

BTW : I did use " The Fuckin Search engine" first found no help Lol Lol
Thank you all for your time and consideration on this matter.
ice

Gabapentin is a great drug for bridging the gap and helping come off opioids/opiates. I’d say to ensure you’re tapering them also but gabapentin will help with withdrawal symptoms although it won’t take them all away.

Tolerance develops FAST with gabapentin. The less you take the better as it has low bioavailability anyway so 600mg max at a time. Use them only for when you’re tapering and withdrawing. Don’t be tempted to take more and go over your refill amount because it is a bitch of a drug to withdraw from itself. It also causes pretty harsh side effects when you’re on it long term. Memory issues and weight gain are the two I suffered from badly whilst on it.

Like any medication you pay to play! Use it for your taper and withdrawals and keep it to that and you won’t have an issue.

Gabapentin is wonderful for opiate withdrawals! It saved my ass from coming off of 150mg of methadone to 0mg. I’ve been on gabapentin for over nine years now (persistent neuropathy), and I am completely dependent on it now. Gabapentin withdrawals are a bear and a half to quit without weening down from. Tolerance happens remarkably fast with gabapentin, and is really easy to get hooked on.

Just a heads up.

—Wizard
@The Wizard of the Creek , Thank you!! I only plan on using smallest dose I can handle to get off of opiates. Then get off Gab, and then Lexapro?? I really just want to see where I am mentally right now/
i took no medications till 10 years ago 50 when I had cancer, and all the wonderful treatments that that saved my life, but PTSD, opiate dependence, have been the price to play??
I don't know what the out come will be, but I want to see, if I cant survive Happily with out them, I will go back on

Gabapentin is a great drug for bridging the gap and helping come off opioids/opiates. I’d say to ensure you’re tapering them also but gabapentin will help with withdrawal symptoms although it won’t take them all away.

Tolerance develops FAST with gabapentin. The less you take the better as it has low bioavailability anyway so 600mg max at a time. Use them only for when you’re tapering and withdrawing. Don’t be tempted to take more and go over your refill amount because it is a bitch of a drug to withdraw from itself. It also causes pretty harsh side effects when you’re on it long term. Memory issues and weight gain are the two I suffered from badly whilst on it.

Like any medication you pay to play! Use it for your taper and withdrawals and keep it to that and you won’t have an issue.
@PrincessDiz , Thank you " Pay to Play :) " I do love that No truer words ever stated, right up there with " If you want to Dance you Must pay the Fiddler=D"
I am on 300mgs 2xs a day AM and PM , I am not looking for a high, have never had a really good opiate High since I started ( never had a Nod , Lol) Alcohol is my DOC, and been sober for a few 24hrs!
I will follow your advise
ICE