• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help using psychedelics to help my drug addiction.

mdc2512

Bluelighter
Okay I am going to try to sum this up as best as I can before I start. I am currently addicted to the "feeling" of being high but not to a particular drug if that makes since. I often fight with parents as they do not condone weed usage or any drug usage in their household which I respect. I am young and feel like they don't understand I want to enjoy life but I 100% see where they are coming from. I have dabbled with just about everything except Coke or Crack, Meth, or H. I have had 3 psychedelic experiences all with low doses (100ug) with LSD. They mostly consisted of me in my room all night watching movies and just in amaze with how amazing this huge world is. To make the long story short, I know you aren't supposed to use psychedelics going through tough times in your life.. but I have been in this tough time for 3 years now and I want it to stop. Is there anyway I can use psychedelics (specifically about 200-300ug of LSD) to help figure out my problems and how to solve them. Thanks for your help BL community!

If psychedelics are indeed the problem, I don't see how you can trip your way out of them. I think it all boils down to understanding that life is about being the better version of yourself, and I think you feel like drugs are not letting you be that guy. Maybe I would go for sobriety a couple of months, that's the best advice I can give you. Stay safe!

I don't think drugs is the first thing you should run to if you want to fix a problem, no matter what it is. Maybe you should seek some form of therapy or something like that. Yes, psychedelics can be used to "fix" and issue or find a way to deal with certain issues going on in your life, but that all depends on the proper set and setting and mindset. It's not the miracle cure-all to lifes problems.

as my avatar says, "one does not simply say "no" to drugs"

psychedelics can be a good catalyst for stopping drug abuse.

to be honest though, staying busy, having purpose (school or a demanding job, a family etc) and going through a few years of hell shooting heroin are the things that have best motivated me to reduce drug use.

Drug users that seem to keep it together (in my personal experience and in friends experience) do go through a horrible few years in their twenties of hard drug use before calming down. Its one of those things that you don't really know how shitty and meaningless life becomes when you are chasing dope 24 7 unless you go through it yourself. Hearing about it or even having fucked up friends and family members isn't the same.

...the caveat is that many end up dying, getting felony convictions, getting aids or hep C, or just never giving up drugs and that ends up being their entire life.

Ive tripped many times and realized how absurd daily drug use is almost every time I trip, swore up and down in tears i would change my ways, But as soon as the the trip is over and my mindstate goes back to normal I would be on the hunt for opioids, weed or pills (the drugs I can't moderate use of)

I've been trying for 15 years to not abuse drugs on a regular basis....it hasn't worked yet but it has become managable to where i can have a life outside of drugs....the drugs still compromise parts of my career and marriage though, and there are permanent damages to my physical health (and probably mental) from my use also.

There is no easy answer for you, for the love of god do not fuck with opioids is all i can advise. seriously don't even try a pill because they are so good that "just using opioids now and then" is something that hardly anyone can manage that I'm aware of

Last edited:
Wow... thank all of you guys for your feedback and I do think sobriety is the best thing for me right now.

I can sort of relate to what your going through without having any self control but you definitely have it to a worse extent. I've dabbled with prescription opioids and stopped after I realized they were TOO good and wen't through the hell of Hydrocodone withdrawal. I can't even imagine the withdrawal from dope or oxy just because of how bad the Hydros were. I wish you the best of luck in life and hope it all sorts itself out. We can both get through this.

Sobriety and living a clean life with a job, fulfilling relationships, etc is always the best general option.

LSD can go either way. I've had trips that have sent the health of my mental state backwards into child-like fear, but I've also had trips that made me realize how in control I am of myself and how confident I should be. I've also had trips that didn't really permanently affect me.

And as far as your trip expierences, they sound really boring especially with a phsyc like LSD. Try and go on a hike or something next time, be with people who will comfort you and maybe even trip with you. I've found that my favorite trips are the ones where I'm hiking, maybe even for hours. I'm not in crazy great shape or anything, but what I like to do is take it like 1-2 hours before it gets dark and walk back behind my house into the desert( I live in western Colorado) then I will just walk around until I get tired, sit and rest for however long I want, look at the stars, just kinda get weird. I usually do it with friends, but I've done it alone and sometimes it's better alone! Just remember to stay safe and bring water and all that if you decide to hike.

If you wanna trip, trip. But if you don't wanna trip, DEFINITELY don't trip. Make the conscious decision beforehand so you're not mid-trip thinking "why did I do this"

Best wishes!

Have the worst trip you can and you will learn to appreciate life. When you come close to dying, you'll understand that any problem is small when compared to death. That's how I used LSD to change my life. I recently started a thread about it in the psychedelics section.

Brah you don't have a problem.

I had typed out a provacative response but you don't need it lol.

I used to do acid days in a row without stopping and my highest dose is 1300ug. That was rad my dude and it was never a problem. As long as you're not fallin off your rocker going crazy and fuckin it up why do you think this is an addiction.

Last edited:
Have the worst trip you can and you will learn to appreciate life. When you come close to dying, you'll understand that any problem is small when compared to death. That's how I used LSD to change my life. I recently started a thread about it in the psychedelics section.

Please don't confuse your subjective success with the norm. Yeah I love bad trips too but telling somebody in a convincing way to go blow their head off with a psychedelic shotgun isn't very wise.

I am actually a partial believer of this too. Had a horrible horrible horrible LSD trip (there is no adjective in the English dictionary for how bad it was) 3 and a half years ago. Was my first and last trip ever. Haven't touched a psych since. However, I actually might soon. Anyway, I came close to death (or at least I thought I did) and went nearly insane for a few months afterwards. I was only 17. Although I thought I was going crazy, I was actually just drastically changing. Life was somehow becoming more enjoyable and I was becoming more aware of things I wasn't aware of before. Coincidence? Perhaps, but the history behind psychedelics and their immense healing potential speaks for itself. No pain no gain right? But, I don't doubt that good trips are capable of changing people for the better as well. Can't say for myself because, well, I've never had a good trip :( . I will face Lucy again, or maybe Psilocybin, someday when I'm more mentally stable.

No; find a career and move out of your folk's house. As long as you're life circumstances keep you stuck like that, drugs can't help you to truly escape. It's always temporary.