View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help trying to become normal again

Gu55

Greenlighter
I dropped acid on Friday with my friend. It was my first time and for him it was his 2nd. My parents were out of town so we had plenty of time. We took out tabs at 6:20 and we started watching pulp fiction. Once we hit peak everything changed. I started to freak out and I was curled up in a ball and we were listening to music. Me and my friend smoked about 3 grams during our trip. The next day I was so out of it. I lost my appetite and I was so emotionless. I barely had sleep. We decided to sleep at 3am and we woke up at 7:00am. I felt so different and I didn’t like it.

Now I still don’t have a appetite and I feel somewhat different. I’m getting a little bit of anxiety that imma be different forever. I’m 15 by the way. Before I took acid I was happy and energetic. I only smoked weed before. Now I don’t even wanna touch anything drug related. I told my mom that I did acid because I felt hopeless.

Can someone help me or give me advice? I wanna act normal again with my energy. will all this go away? Please help

Yes, it will go away. The less you stress out about it, the quicker it will pass.

That said, your experience might have been a good wake-up call. LSD is not a substance to be trifled with. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone under the age of 18, but more importantly, you *really* need to make sure that set (your mindset as you go into the trip) and setting (your surroundings, including the people around you) are optimal. Also, you ddidn't mention the dosage - you only said you were dropping "tabs" (and not even how many you took). It is important to atleast have a general idea of how much - and what - you're taking. Many tabs going around on the street only contain about 50 µg, while others contain around 250 µg. With the latter, even half a tab is probably too much for an inexperienced 15-year-old. And if the tabs are 25I-NBOMe instead of actual LSD, you're risking brain damage or even death.

Also, it was a big mistake to smoke all that weed. Weed doesn't "mellow you out" during a trip - often, the effect is just the opposite. Experienced trippers can use weed as a potentiator for LSD, but it's not a good idea to fuck around with this combo if you're a novice. If you want to take the edge off a trip, take a small dose of a benzodiazepine (Xanax, Ativan...). If you want to completely abort the trip, take a moderate dose of a benzodiazepine combined with an antipsychotic.

Some good news for you, it will pass. Odd feelings and sensations can be common for someone after a difficult trip. Try not to focus on the trip and focus more on tasks in everyday life. Also, as stated above, it seemed you learned about the challenging experience combining weed and LSD, weed can create confusion and paranoia in some people when combined with LSD. I tend to only smoke after I've peaked as it gives you time to really get the 'feel' for the acid and the sensations that the chemical gives you. Otherwise you're asking for a sensory overload. Keep in mind LSD isn't for everyone and do a good amount of research on the subject if you ever decide to dive in again. It can be unforgiving at times

Yeah, Hodor dropped some good knowledge there, unless you tested your tabs you may have even taken 25I-NBOMe.. or again your mind set, company, and setting will greatly effect your trip and energy for a minute.. I find it important to have a good "mentor" and leader in your first trip. I got a dead head hippie, so he took me out in nature, and we talked about philosophy, put on trippy music, the perfect trippy visuals, it was chill and peaceful. So fear not, it is a temporary effect, just keep in mind if there is a next time, get a testing kit for $20, test your tabs, go in with a strong mindset that you have the complete ability to control your thoughts and emotions, be with a vey well trusted, FUN, mentor (someone experienced) type friend, and maybe find a cool little trail to smoke a doobie on hahah. I hope you feel better bud, sorry the trip was uncomfortable :( , but luckily you can and will transcend this ^__^

You're really throwing the dice when you combine weed with any kind of hallucinogen in my experience. You can have a psychedelic trip under control, but once you throw weed into the mix it can either cause it to spiral upwards or downwards without having any control over the direction it's headed. I used to smoke a ton of weed every time I tripped and on its own, now I hardly use it at all as I had a realization on ALD-52 that weed use was holding me back and worsening my mental suffering.

The excess stimulation after the trip peaks is where i'm usually tempted to smoke weed to sedate me but a low dose of a benzo or just staying up and riding out the next day is a better option.

Yes! What you're experiencing will pass, just use it as a lesson to be more respectful of these powerful substances. I have been in a similar place to you after a difficult trip and I did recover. You'll feel more and more normal after each new day. Every time you fall asleep and wake up you will feel a little bit better so don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

. And if the tabs are 25I-NBOMe instead of actual LSD, you're risking brain damage or even death.

Just curious, do you have any theory or related study which supports your statement above? Or, is it just an assumption? I'm talking about 25I, causing brain damage.

I am a daily cannabis user, (for pain). When I got back into tripping after a 20 year break, (God bless the RC market). I found a lot of difficulty with 100/200mcg doses of Lysergamides - anxiety and an unsettled feeling. I hadn't realised that cannabis potentates the trip.

Now I sit at 300 mcgs with no bother as I don't smoke until I've hit the peak and know where I am going.

It can take time to integrate what you experienced and the best advice is to focus on health and happiness - stick to a good diet and exercise and feed your brain and soul with laughter, music and light. Avoid all drugs for a bit and let your mind rest.

For me after a difficult trip it took a couple of months before cannabis felt right again - I would drop into a psychedelic mindset for a few minutes every time I smoked.

One last thing, don't do what I have seen others here do - don't focus on the feelings and tell yourself you will never be right - YOU WILL. Too many keep reading finding negative things to focus on. This is not overly uncommon and there are a number of threads on here dealing with it.

Good luck and take it easy.

dont smoke weed while tripping for first time- source of problem, also your too young

dont smoke weed while tripping for first time- source of problem, also your too young
Age doesn't really have a huge effect into it, albiet 15 might be a ad bit too young. It's more of your mental state/maturity upon ingesting the substance

Just curious, do you have any theory or related study which supports your statement above? Or, is it just an assumption? I'm talking about 25I, causing brain damage.

He's referring to various incidents where people have overdosed and died from the 25x chemicals. Some died in the standard dosage range after having tried them before with no ill effects. The main danger with that class is it begin sold as LSD to unsuspecting newbies who take more than a couple of tabs in one session.