• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Need help tapering GHB (well prepared)

probalola

Greenlighter
  • Used phenibut for about a month 2g a day (months ago)
  • Used GBL for about a month 14/7, 25ml a day
  • Then switched to GHB, used that 24/7 for a month, 65ml a day
I have access to the following things, all in excess:

• Wodka
  • Phenibut
  • Baclofen
  • Diazapam
I also have a big supply of GHB, and a small amount of GBL left. I live with my parents, who are aware of the situation and will hold 2 doses of GHB and GBL in case of emergency. I have reached out for professional help, but it’s taking too long. Got send from doctor to clinic to another doctor, etc. I will continue with this process as a backup plan. I HAVE to get clean by new year, preferably long before that date so I have time to recover.
Other information: I have no experience/specific tolerance for either baclofen or benzo’s. I currently use 6,5ml GHB 10 times a day and experience no withdrawal symptoms at these doses. I haven’t touched phenibut in months, so a few days of phenibut should not trigger an addiction. I have tried quitting GHB cold turkey, but withdrawals were unbearable from the 8 hour mark and onwards.
What is the best way to go about this taper? I think I can taper down to about 40ml GHB/day without major withdrawals.

No need for a taper, just utilize the benzos and maybe the baclofen as that hits Gaba-B receptors. your habit is minimal. I'm very prone to WDs and consumed GHB 24/7 every 2 hours for almost a year and had no withdrawal....GBL would be a different scenario

Thnx!

Don't you think you might be an exception to the rule? I suffered from heavy withdrawals when quitting cold turkey. Among other things I had racing heart rate, sweating, shaking, paranoia, anxiety, etc. At one point I couldn't sit still or watch tv, so all I could do was walk back and forth while fighting the urge to redose. Benzo's might help calm me down though.

Another question: if you use a GABAb replacement, doesn't that just postpone the withdrawals? As you're still hitting the recepter that causes the most withdrawals?

Thnx!

Don't you think you might be an exception to the rule? I suffered from heavy withdrawals when quitting cold turkey. Among other things I had racing heart rate, sweating, shaking, paranoia, anxiety, etc. At one point I couldn't sit still or watch tv, so all I could do was walk back and forth while fighting the urge to redose. Benzo's might help calm me down though.

Another question: if you use a GABAb replacement, doesn't that just postpone the withdrawals? As you're still hitting the recepter that causes the most withdrawals?

I'm not an exception albiet I was expecting a horrible wd like I'm sure you are. I used to have 6-8mls of GHB right before breakfast just to kickstart the day. The benzos will help and I'd start with just them. I also had success by going from 24/7 dosing of G to just a bedtime dose or 2 combined with a benzo to help sleep. Believe me man, I'm super sensitive to withdrawals...I can use something like opiates for one day and get 3 days of psychological wd from just one use. You have everything you need to just relax and start by going as long as you can with no G and then taking a benzo...If you have to, take a dose or 2 of G at night.

Your habit is also minimal and has only been a month. I was taking 65-90ml a day for almost a year at one point and the withdrawal was laughable. Probably another reason why I loved G so much.

Alright I'll go with the benzos and GHB taper then.

Anyone know the best method to taper? Take big doses but space them out longer and longer vs taking smaller and smaller doses but a lot of them? I think psychologically the second one is easier.

Also, why would you take GHB just to sleep, if you're already 14 hours without GHB you're at the peak of withdrawals, why reset this just to sleep and start over again next day?

GHB is for sleep at certain dosages i.e. Xyrem .....The best method is taking larger doses spaced out longer...Your habit is so minimal you'll be fine...Go as long as you can without a dose then take maybe 3-5cc

I have another meeting with a professional tomorrow, so I'll wait what they say. Would prefer to do it at home with some medical supervision, but if they make me wait another week I'll just go my own way.