• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need help quitting h! Should i go from lope to bupe or bupe to lope please help!!!!!

chri5coyn5

Greenlighter
HELLO ALL,
i am new to this blogging,have been a reader for since i started my addiction. This last run has been about 3 months of .5g of tar IV daily. I have 1 8mg
subutex and about 100 loperamide 2mgs. I really don't know how to go about stopping. I am very prone to precipitated withdrawal and do not want to go through it not ONE MORE TIME!...i experience horrific wd symptoms after only 6 hours after my last shot which would score me way over the "safety line"I Guess you could call it according to the COWS scale to induce the bupe but I'm not stupid and know(from personal experience) that even waiting 26 hours isn't long enough for me. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! I don't want to take lope and be in the the same boat waiting to induce Bupe because YES it will cause pwd.(don't even start a blood brain barrier discussion on here)LOPE CAN CAUSE PHYSICAL DEPENDENCY. PLEASE VERY EXPERIENCED PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY EDUCATED ON THESE SUBSTANCES RESPOND!. I don't want advice from people who think suboxone and subutex induct differently sublingually hence nalaxone HAAAAA!. I just want to know what would be the best route with what i have to make it most beneficial.

And please don't be deterred by anything I say I like advice from anyone..obviously anyone looking at this thread has been hooked to opiates and been in my shoes so please feel free to let me know what worked best for you.I just want to be clean(again) once and for all.
Thank you,
Your Fellow Dopefiend.

Last edited:
I would consider trying to find a suboxone doctor, I would tell them that I have no interest in staying on suboxone and that I would want to get off it asap.

What worked best for me was treatment. I was an addict that went from pain killer's to methadone to suboxone after being a month clean and was prescribed it for pwd's. Worst mistake ever. That was right after it got approved and was initially told I would be on it for life. Then ppl started dying from sub's and benzo's and my clinic started to reduce everyone's dose. Since I was on it for 7 years or so I found it really hard, nothing compared to methadone but you get acclimated and just don't ever want to feel wd's again. I was also on klonopin so I looked around and finally got into treatment and although the treatment sucked balls, it saved me from a life revolving around a script. Getting stabilized on subs helped allot and I stoped using opiates. It gave me time to change my life without making the big push of getting off everything and changing my life at the same time. Doubt that would have happened. So I got to stop abusing opiates, got to stop talking to dealers and friends who used and then when all that was over stop using the subs.

I know how desperate you can feel and if you ever want to talk pm me. It took me a while to find treatment that would accept me as no one would take me at the dose of klonopin I was on, and other places said that they don't detox suboxone patients. But eventually it all worked out. You're in the right headspace and you're looking to do this the right way so your halfway there.

If that isn't an option than you're going to have to spilt the 8mg of suboxone I would take it after the 2nd day if I was that predisposed to precip's and cut it to four 2mg doses after that I would take the loperamide. It is going to be ruff anyway you slice it but cutting the 8mg you have will be more effective. Take it as a truly as needed basis.

I know loperamide is habit forming but I do not agree that it is truly physically addictive. IME loperamide doesn't come close. But with that said it isn't a great thing to have to take it all the time. However if it is the difference between living a semi normal life and fiending all day every day after months of sobriety, than I'll take the loperamide.

Best of luck Chri5coyn5 and welcome to bluelight.

Last edited:
Loperamide shouldn't cause PWD in theory. Concentration & affinity are the factors that decide the amount of drug that is bound to a receptor (occupancy). Just because drug 1 has a higher affinity than drug 2, doesn't mean that drug 1 will have higher receptor occupancy. Many factors beyond binding affinity influence activity (pharmacokinetics, biotransformation, functional potency).. One example is the u-opioid receptor binding affinity for fentanyl which isn't that much higher than morphine but clearly has much more potency in vivo. Similarly, loperamide is influenced by pK factors that influence in vivo activity to a greater degree than receptor binding would lead you to believe. Plus loperamide is very quickly and efficiently pumped out of the CNS (that's another way of saying it doesn't cross the BBB, and more accurate too since it does cross it before it gets thrown out).

Honestly if you can't stand being opioid abstinent for 36 hours you aren't ready for Suboxone treatment. You really need to hit bottom to truly want to quit the life.

Hah, just realized this is posted in OD, not NPD.. sorry for the semi-technical response..!

Last edited:
if you want off and truly mean it, in my opinion, you should forget the subs.
if you work, take a couple weeks holiday, if not, fine. use the lope to manage the shits and what have you in doses of around 12mg at first, reducing or heightening the dose as you need.
get some valium, valerian root, vitamins, ibuprofen, paracetamol, fruit juice, isotonic drinks, magazines, books, movies, food you can eat when you're fucked (things like yoghurt, peanut butter, nutri shakes, bananas; nothing overwhelming) and get yourself to bed for a week. that's my method anyway.
and delete "those numbers", you're only kidding yourself if you don't.
good luck.

Thank you all for your post,I am currently 14 days sober and getting my appetite back little by little....sleep?well as in the past million kicks i know it doesnt come easy til about weeks 3 to 4 but i can handle it. I really appreciate the replies by the way. I have completed 4 county rehabilitation programs in the past 7 years of my addiction to h (three 90 day programs and one 6 month program) here in so-cal but the one thing i never did on my own will was work the program upon release. I just went to a meeting yesterday and plan on going daily...maybe even more than once a day. I dont have another relapse in me so i have to do it this time...still feelin shitty but a hell of a lot better than when i was strung or the first 7 days of abstinence! Thank you and i will try to report frequently.

Oh and yes i drank a toooonnn of powerades and ensure shakes when i could keep them down...clonazepam helped a little but i tried not to use it to frequently because i was using alprazolam anytime i could to potentiate the tar...and my clean time of 14 days is since the last kpin on day 4.

There is risk of developing heart issues using lope in high doses. Do not do it. If you are trying to quit seek suboxone treatment. It is better to have a supply rather than depending on something you know will run dry to manage you. If you are really trying to quit it is only because of your own initiative, which is why a treatment program that provides a maintenance opiate can easily lead to just as bad a dependency if not worse as your aloud to use as much as you want. The only one who will stop you using opiates is yourself.