• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Need help quitting fent, switching back to H to start

bffroom

Greenlighter
I have a disease that causes chronic pain. After switching doctors I lost my oxy script and saw every Dr. in the area with no luck, living without pain management was such hell I was planning to kill myself. I decided it was better to start using H than end my life, this forum was actually very helpful when I started using H, thank you to everyone who helped and even the concerns others had about eventually becoming an IV user. Yall may be glad to hear I never started IV use and have successfully stayed disciplined and tapered myself back when needed , but unfortunately I did end up switching to fent/china white as it was more accessible when my H sources hit a dry spell.

ROA has always been snorting for H and now fent. The shit mixed into CW has done terrible things to my body and the supply out there is only getting dirtier. I need to get off this stuff. Like I mentioned, I have chronic pain, I am also a full time caretaker for my disabled spouse and I am our only source of income. I need to have some type of pain management to function. I am hoping to taper down a bit and switch back to heroin - from there I will continue to try and find a Dr. who might work with me. My dream is to get off all this shit altogether and just find a doctor willing to make a pain management contract with me so I have safe and consistent meds, but for now my first step is just getting off the fent. All that being said, I have no experience tapering/detoxing/etc. I tried switching back to H about 2 years ago but after I tapered the fent enough to feel anything at all from the H I was still blowing thru like a gram of H a day. That's way too expensive and honestly idk if my nose can handle that these days.

I don't know anything about subs, bupe, or what the "Burmese method" is? I've seen people talk online about medicines that can help cut down your tolerance so the switch over is easier. I would really appreciate any help, guidance, advice, ANYTHING that could make this process as comfortable as possible.

Can you get any script opiate at all? Something like long acting morphine would be the right idea imo. I have chronic pain and take morphine for it. I was on the fent patch for it like over 10 years ago but i couldnt afford the script.

Dosing street heroin is dodgy though far less dodgy then dosing street fent

Assuming you're in the US.

Can your spouse get unemployment/disability benefits?

Seems like you need to tend to yourself first, and then work on other things. I know that sounds dubious because of taking care of your spouse, but I'd imagine that friends/family could help with that while you try to get on suboxone.

Maybe even spend the money you'd spend on opioids with getting your spouse a caretaker while you're in a rehab for a few weeks while they figure out what dose of sub to give you.

Suboxone is a very effective medication at managing opioid addiction. It saves lots of lives. And I truly think it could give yours back to you.

Otherwise, if you absolutely can't take time to get proper medical treatment, look into kratom. But this would probably be the less ideal action in managing your addiction.

Again, sub is great. You'd be set up when you leave with proper talk therapy and a script for sub/methadone, and maybe other scripts if you have a mental illness. You'd be making yourself much more functional without burning a hole in your pocket.

Wishing you the best.