• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help PLEASE to get off Lyrica

EMTJenn

Greenlighter
Please I’m begging for help getting off Lyrica 300mg 2x daily. I have been on Lyrica for a few years. I get it through patient assistance so just have the 300mg pills. I cannot go to my doctor as they will take my completely off with zero help. I didn’t know this medication was going to make me feel like I was in hell coming off it. Please help I truly don’t know what to do. Thank you guys in advance

Don’t worry we got ya. Are you sure your dr would cut you off? They really can’t do that if you reach out, or at least they shouldn’t.

Would you like other substances to help, because the only other way, is to taper slowly?

I’m just in tears, I want off! I have addiction issues with Opioids so I try to steer clear of those...I have a pseudo tumor cerebri and fibro. I’m losing my shit. I try to stop and I cannot I feel like such shit. Yes, the doctor will just d/c doesn’t care if I say I’m having w/d from this med when I try to stop. I’m just a mess. Thank you guys for any advice

Try to just centre yourself as hard is it maybe, just so you can think a bit clearer. May i ask where you are?

Usa? What is it that you are finding hardest symptom wise? Do you have a surplus amount that can be utilised for titration?

Yeah I’m not out of the medication I just want off the medication. I’m freezing cold, depressed as hell where I’m worried increased pain can’t sleep just the works.....I’m sorry if I sound like a baby I need help seriously.

You don’t sound like a baby at all. Are these symptoms still present, with the Pregabalin?

What size capsules do you have to hand?

It’s what happens when I don’t take my dosage. This med has made my hair fall out, weight gain, forgetfulness all kinds of shit. But when I stop taking it I’m in literal hell. I wouldn’t wish this shit on anyone.

I have 300mg capsules and I think a few 100mg caps

Thank you for your help, seriously

Try to take a slightly lower dosage e.g split your 300’s powder in Half add that half to some water and tale a 100mg with it, so approx 250mg for a few days as of Monday and see where your at.

So cut more than 50% ?

No, the suggestion being made apparently was to reduce in half (600mg to 300mg).

If i were you (assuming your physician is unwilling to help), id go on amazon and buy a milligram scale for $25, empty out your capsules (first determining how much the powder in the capsule weighs to determine how "cut" your pregabalin powder is), and starting decreasing your prescribed dose by 10% a week. If this is very tolerable (which it will be), you can increase this to 20% and eventually drop off whatever dose you feel ready. Ive been through pregabalin withdrawal and its not that bad (not like benzo withdrawal at least), the worst part for me was the insomnia. The approach im suggesting will be the least painful and with the highest chance of success.

I concur with negro, however my suggestion was drop to 250 b.i.d (twice a day). This is what I would try in your situation:

Half of your 300mg (150mg) and a 100mg = 250mg b.i.d twice a day for 5 days (7 days if you feel the need)

Half of your 300mg (150mg) 5-7 days.

100mg for 5-7 days.

Half a 100mg capsule for 5-7days (and with any luck you are at the finish line with minimal discomfort.

P.S this is all loosely advising and conjecture as I do not know what amount of each dosages you have. Hope this helps!!

I feel you. I'm currently battling the same addiction/ withdrawals..

Check out the Lyrica Mega thread...
Lots of people in the same boat and some decent advice.

Take it easy. You're not alone x

I hate how doctors prescribe medication without knowing fully how it even works. How can they know if ot will cause problems stopping of tgey don't know how it works in the first place?
I hope ot works well for ya

Jenn, you can do this! Shortec and negogesic have given you great advice. Trust me, you are not alone. Please check out the Lyrica mega thread. Keep posting updates, you can be an inspiration to someone!

Thanks Jenn glad it comes across well. As Jenn said, check out the specific thread as well, you will find others focused on the same issue i suspect.

If your dr would prescribe lower dose capsules, i.e 75, 50 or 25mg, it would be a smoother titration. Keep your chin up and you will get there.