• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help indentifying what i took

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unreg123456789

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting! Story time! So when I was about 17 I did one of the most stupid things you could possibly do. I may or may not of taken a pill with a light to medium amount of alcohol from an unknown source. Before I took the pill I looked it up on pill ID and it said it was a generic Zoloft 100mg. I was a pretty skinny kid back then (125 lbs @ 5'10'') meaning that the beer and a half I downed was enough for a light to moderate buzz. I took half the pill, went to the bathroom and when I came back out I said "fuck it" and took the other half. about 30 minutes or so went by and oh boy did it kick in. It sounded like you just cut power to a bunch of servers and everything slowed wayyy down. I went upstairs to lay down because I knew I messed up big time. I would say it took about 3 days before I was anywhere near normal (felt feverish, pupils dilated, clammy hands) and about a month until I didn't have any flashbacks to that night. I've brushed the experience off as "too much Zoloft" but now years later I'm getting curious as to was I actually took because from what I've read SSRI's don't give you a high and although I didn't feel "high", I could very much so tell I wasn't right in the head. Does anyone with a good amount of general drug usage know what this could have been? I am happy to provide more info if necessary.

Thank you!

You wrote yourself that you took Zoloft, and Alcohol. Some people get the side effects such as dilated pupils from Zoloft when they first start taking it. If you are taking zoloft you don't start out at 50mg or even 100mg but work your way up with the smallest dose at first; but Zoloft itself does not produce a high, trip, etc. It's a medication used for people who have depression, or panic/anxiety issues.

Some people can feel feverish, flushed, or clammy when they drink alcohol especially if they drink it on an empty stomach and have no tolerance to it.

Last edited:
Id say placebo and alcohol intoxication youd be suprised how strongly people can be effects by their expectations

^^ i agree. you must of had a placebo effect. SSRI's and SNRI's are the sort of thing you need to build up in your system so to speak, after a few weeks on average only then do people feel the positive effects. If you want to get high off anti depressants then take them as directed and for as many months or years as you can. then you might be bouncing off the walls

Since taking effexor or zoloft daily for a few years i feel like i have much less depressive episodes and a much easier time coming out of them instead of spiraling i notice nothing directly after taking them

just gonna point out to OP and to the wider audience that drug ID isn't something we do here as it is entirely speculation.
soz to be a bummer but i don't see how this can help anyone - especially considering how far in the past this was for OP

just gonna point out to OP and to the wider audience that drug ID isn't something we do here as it is entirely speculation.
soz to be a bummer but i don't see how this can help anyone - especially considering how far in the past this was for OP
^This. We have no way to know what it was you took and I would be more careful in the future taking mystery medications.

Status
Not open for further replies.