• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos need help getting of benzos

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
anyone know any way how to get of benzos after 13 years of being addicted? i started with like 2mg xanax for my ptsd but doctors won't give me more or anything at all. i want to stay completely clean but it seems impossible. you get to afraid to go get your own medicine, to afraid to make food or even eat it, you don't talk to anyone cause you're scared, can't ask for help, your doctor, or any doctor for that matter doesn't know shit, you're so insomniac you get frustrated and feel like killing people for making a slight noise after a few days, my muscles cramp up all the time, and noone knows what i'm going through. my budget has been cut short so i'm stuck with only alcohol, and it makes me feel like complete shit after a while, nothing on the medicinal market that could calm you has any effect. I've tried all from anti-psychotics, anti-deppressants, other sleeping pills, nothing easily available works to replace a calm in my troubles while trying to lower my dosage completely.

is there a secret? could you suggest anything that might work calming or sedating, relaxing? im either going to be addicted for life and i don't have the money or i'm going to kill myself :/

Hi there! Sorry to hear you are in this situation. I used to take benzodiazepines prescribed and not prescribed for years. At my peak I was taking 8mg alprazolam (Xanax) and 30mg Temazepam (Restoril) within a 24 hour period. I was on those dosages for over a year but the exact amount of time I was on all those doses I cannot exactly say. What I can say is a quit taking benzos after taking them daily for around a ~2.5 year period in considerable doses. It is possible to stop, you just need to taper you dosage. You could talk to your doctor about a taper or find one here or elsewhere online and do it on your own time with your own supply.

Also you can look into phenibut, it’s a legal compound you can buy online pretty cheap and it is a gabageric and a sedative. It is different than benzos however people do get relief from it. Some other Rx substances you could look into are gabapentin and lyrica they may help with anxiety and you can use them to help manage withdrawals if you want to quit taking Xanax.

if you wish to stop taking Xanax altogether medications like clonidine, gabapentin/lyrica, and muscle relaxers I.e methocarbomal, carisprodal, tizanadine, baclofen can all help reduce the severity of the withdrawal by reducing intensity of certain symptoms and can help ease your mind when needed the throws of withdrawal.

Hang in there, benzodiazepines and depedence to them can very well be a struggle and unfortunately it is for plenty of people. I would start looking into taper and possible look into switching to a longer acting benzo like diazepam (Valium) or clonazepam (Klonopin). With a longer acting benzo it is usually easier to taper down and have less severe symptoms since the compounds don’t leave your body as quick as Xanax. You can stabilize on Valium for example and you can make much more gradual dosage adjustments do to the mg ranges it is doses in. It also has a very long half life so it will leave your system gradually and therefore the symptoms are usually much more manageable and not as intense or packing as hrd of a punch.

i really do feel for you, I kicked benzodiazepines myself. I did a clonazepam taper that happened at an inpatient facility that happened over around a ~24-27ish day period. Getting down to as low as .125mg daily at the end, if I recall correctly!

Please feel free to PM me, I am here for you. Any questions you may have or if you just want to talk to someone who understands!

anyone know any way how to get of benzos after 13 years of being addicted? i started with like 2mg xanax for my ptsd but doctors won't give me more or anything at all. i want to stay completely clean but it seems impossible. you get to afraid to go get your own medicine, to afraid to make food or even eat it, you don't talk to anyone cause you're scared, can't ask for help, your doctor, or any doctor for that matter doesn't know shit, you're so insomniac you get frustrated and feel like killing people for making a slight noise after a few days, my muscles cramp up all the time, and noone knows what i'm going through. my budget has been cut short so i'm stuck with only alcohol, and it makes me feel like complete shit after a while, nothing on the medicinal market that could calm you has any effect. I've tried all from anti-psychotics, anti-deppressants, other sleeping pills, nothing easily available works to replace a calm in my troubles while trying to lower my dosage completely.

is there a secret? could you suggest anything that might work calming or sedating, relaxing? im either going to be addicted for life and i don't have the money or i'm going to kill myself :/

HI. I have understood you are in WD of benzos after a continuous use. At first, you must go to a doctor and tell him you are with benzos WD to he recipes you a lowest benzo dose with a pregabalin treatment. For example, you need to take diazepam 10mg each 8 hours and too pregabalin 100mg each 12 hours. It would be the best. Too you can use to relax yourself doxilamine 25mg tabs taking a dose of 50mg morning, evening and night, too can take a herbal product of Opium lettuce and while it comes to you can use a combo of California's poppy, valerian, passion flower and hops.
The best way to kick out benzos is to take a minimal dose of benzo like diazepam 5-10mg three times daily with pregabalin 75-300mg morning and night. Pregabalin is the best drug for benzos WD and tapper off, it reduces highly the benzos WD symptoms and makes a worth anxiolytic, relaxant effect.

As a lot of ppl has mentioned or advised. The best way is to wean yourself of the benzo and use a med like pregabalin or gabapentin to help with the wd. And from a personal point of view and a few friends now, the gabapentin/pregabalin helps a lot with the wd.

Ouch, you take it every day? It's important to take days off.

It's great for PTSD but you have to use it sparingly.

Taper off by reducing your dosage 0.5mg every week, in a month you'll have a mild withdrawal.

^I don't know, that seems a bit quick for someone who has taken it for 13 years.

Aeon, are you getting withdrawal in between doses, or just when you run out? I know the feeling, it is awful. Two things that are worth doing; switching to a longer acting benzo like diazepam, and taking a lowish dose of pregabalin- this stuff helps incredibly with benzo withdrawal ime.

All the best <3

Ok, for all the people that don't know me that well yet, I've tried phenibut, gabapentin, pregabalin, clonidine, carisoprodol, baclofen, Opium lettuce, California's poppy, valerian, passion flower, hops and they don't work for me. I have such tolerance to drugs that most aren't worth the effect anymore for me. I go through extreme withdrawl just by lowering my dose. Untill I get sick of it and start taking a normal dose again. I use about 24mg of bromazepam a day and drink about 24 beers to compensate the rest. any doctor's opinion is a reason for me to wipe my ass again. I take 100mg trazodone to help me sleep but it's no miracle either. I was prescribed pregabalin once and ended up eating the whole box and still didn't notice anything, a whole box of ambien made me see slight visuals but didn't help. but i'll try switching to a benzo that works longer, that might help. It is annoying though, as soon as i eat anything, it wears off immeadiatly. I eat a small snack before bed and that's it :/

Anyway, I'm getting some shrooms. Gonna see if that helps. thanks everyone.

Slow and steady wins the race my friend I was on 6mg clonazepam ED and it took me 2 years to get off completely after 1 failed attempt. 1 year to get to 1mg Clonazepam and 1 year to get off 30mg Diazepam. At the end I jumped off 0.5mg Diazepam and at the point the WD is all mostly mental, I created a lot of problems for myself in my head that's why I say its mental. Its not a race remember that and I you don't feel ready to make a reduction hold until you do.

What are your dosages?

What are you using them for primarily? I notice you drink alcohol, I did to binge drinker I they helped with my hangover anxiety so I had to stop drinking.

I try to stick with 24mg bromazepam but even today i've already taken double. When i taper off slowly i simply go insane, the anxiety is to much, i know it is irrational fear but it holds me back from doing everyday things. hell, i'd get to scared to eat a meal or take a shit :s i have ptsd and that's how i pretty much started drugs. i know drinking isn't the best solution but it seems like the only thing that helps. i stick to beer for a reason. insomnia is a bitch too.

what is the potency of diclazepam compared to alprazolam? might just stay addicted a bit longer untill i figured this whole thing out..

No, it won't. I've tried every type of therapy with every psychologist on the world by now. Professional babbling isn't an occupation. it's a scam.

although i'd look into hypnosis, that I find interesting.

A very long and slow taper under a doctor's supervision using a long half-life benzo such as chlordiazepoxide (Librium) or diazepam is the safest way to go. The Ashton Manual is considered authoritative on titrating off benzos. I would not attempt to do this without medical supervision whether it's inpatient or outpatient. The withdrawals are going to be brutal with the amount of alcohol you're consuming.

The Ashton Manual

A very long and slow taper under a doctor's supervision using a long half-life benzo such as chlordiazepoxide (Librium) or diazepam is the safest way to go. The Ashton Manual is considered authoritative on titrating off benzos. I would not attempt to do this without medical supervision whether it's inpatient or outpatient. The withdrawals are going to be brutal with the amount of alcohol you're consuming.

The Ashton Manual

medical supervision would mean being tied to a bed in an isolation cell in some psych ward being psychologically tortured by a freak who has no knowledge whatsoever about psychoactive substances. They can study and read all they want about it but when it comes to true experience they don't know shit compared to me. librium is the only benzo on the medical market i have never taken because it is no longer prescribed. I don't know where you live :s

Alcohol is the only thing making my life still worth living, thank you for your ashton manual thingie , i'll read up on that.

Brutal, sure, i've been there. getting of heroin is a joke compared to what i feel without benzos.

On another note, i went to see my doc today and told him withdrawl is as much as suicide (in different terms offcourse) and got me two new boxes of 12mg bromaz :)

I guess I'll be addicted for life :/ or i need to get rich and find some barbiturates or methaqualone or some extravagantly rare stuff. that would help.

I skimmed through the replies so I’m sorry if I’m repeating anyone. Taper and kava would be my personal advice. Talk to your doctor about tapering, do not go cold turkey. Kava is a very good alternative to benzos in my opinion. Good luck!

medical supervision would mean being tied to a bed in an isolation cell in some psych ward being psychologically tortured by a freak who has no knowledge whatsoever about psychoactive substances.
I've never been in an inpatient detox (and I've been in many) where I have been held under those conditions. I am sorry if you have. When I detoxed off benzos I did one week inpatient, then continued outpatient for several months until I was down to zero. Someone else suggested kava kava, but kava has the potential to be hepatotoxic so if you haven't had you're liver function tested I would be extremely cautious with it.