• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Need help finding books meditation and spirituality

Seimboz

Greenlighter
Refer me some books. I hate to use Google every person on book review sites are always some booshie shit head who apparently knows everything in the world. Just trying to find inner piece. Please don't say the bible or anything I don't want anything religious. Lol. Thanks guys!

Someone has uploaded "Zen mind, beginner's mind" for anyone to read... I'm not sure whether this is piracy or not, but it's not a very recent book so I don't think anyone really cares.

What part of the world are you in? Depending where, there are lots of buddhist places around that teach the public basic meditation, without any religious doctrine.

Yeah not around here I love in the Appalachian mountains in Maryland. Its small country and poor. And deep in the mountains. Lol

There are guided meditations on YouTube, which I have found to be more beneficial than descriptions of becoming zen - if the goal is to get in tune with oneself and relax, these have worked well for me. They are a good place to start, even if these kinds of vids annoy you.

There are camps you can do in SE Asia where you go into a temple on don't speak or write for weeks. These have been found to be a great way to reset, and to further develop knowledge about the art.

Yoga classes can be fun and a way to meet similar minded people, or even a partner ;)

There are guided meditations on YouTube, which I have found to be more beneficial than descriptions of becoming zen - if the goal is to get in tune with oneself and relax, these have worked well for me. They are a good place to start, even if these kinds of vids annoy you.

There are camps you can do in SE Asia where you go into a temple on don't speak or write for weeks. These have been found to be a great way to reset, and to further develop knowledge about the art.

Yoga classes can be fun and a way to meet similar minded people, or even a partner ;)
Yeah I just started yoga as a stress reliever and to find some piece. :) I've seen the temples and ever thing. Not in person. But they look cool I wish I had money and could afford to take time off work to go to Asia but sadly I get paid way less than what I should. Lol

One day I'll be able to relate about working class struggle and toubles... I long for that kind of ability. Adult communities...

Yeah I just started yoga as a stress reliever and to find some piece. :) I've seen the temples and ever thing. Not in person. But they look cool I wish I had money and could afford to take time off work to go to Asia but sadly I get paid way less than what I should. Lol
You could always sell your car :)