• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help fast ,xanax heroin combo withdrawal

nitrovet

Greenlighter
I stop 2 month bupe maintenance 4 weeks ago( 1-2 mg a day ,sometimes i skiped )

I got back to heroin right away and has been 4 weeks only, but my tolerance is already unbelieveably high.

Benzo -heroin combo:
Today i took 40mg (10x4) nitrazpam tab ,sublingually around 6am,in the morning,and also iv my usual h dose right away.at ) i took another iv shot. I barely felt it.. ( i live inside the golden triangle..dope is super cheap and pure). 3 hrs ago i took another 5 mg alprazolam and now im starting to withdraw again from dope too.

My daily benzo dose is around 5 mg -6 mg xanax.plus 10-20 mg nitrazepam.,(it has been 4 weeks)

I dont have medical insurance or enough money to seek professional BUT i still have 30 x2mg bupe tablets and can get the exact brand nitrazepam super cheap without prescription.

My questions-
1.could i taper the xanax with the nitrazepam? I do know they are both benzo but im really scared because of my high benzo tolerance .
I have had seizure from benzo withdrawal, 3 times , different times 2 and 3 years ago)
2.which one should i quit first? Benzo or the heroin.

Sorry for my english..

1. I would taper of Xanax with either Diazepam/ Valium or Klonopin/Clonazepam. Do not combine the Xanax with these as it will not work.
2. I would quit the Herion first as it’s much easier and faster to withdraw from than that of benzodiazepines. Benzodiazepines are usually the go to medication from withdrawing from opiates, alcohol and Xanax. Never ever stop taking benzodiazepines cold turkey this will most certainly cause you to have a serious seizure.

I developed a dependency on Xanax myself, originally prescribed by my Doctor for severe anxiety. With benzodiazepines the body becomes dependent on them very quickly, it only takes about a month of continuous use before you are dependent. Like yourself I had been using Xanax continually for around three years and I made the huge mistake of quitting cold turkey which led to me having multiple seizures and hospital visits (in my defence I was very young and naive) in my opinion Xanax is by far the worst benzo out there as it has such a short half life and is by far one of the strongest. I had to taper of slowly over the course of a few months. I’m not going to sugar coat it, it was hell on earth! When tapering of benzodiazepines you need to use one with a long half life, diazepam/Valium or even Klonopin/Clonazepam is best for this. I would also strongly advice getting some cannabis just to take the edge of, also cannabis is great for preventing seizures. Benzodiazepines are probably one of the hardest drugs to withdraw from but it’s so worth it! I hope I have helped in some way and please feel free to message me for any advice I have a lot of experience in helping people withdraw from benzodiazepines. P.s. this is not something you can do on your own it’s best to find an outpatient rehab or even a family member to hold on to your medications.

Hey OP. I am not going to lie. You are in an extremely precarious position with the list of drugs that you're using and dependent upon. I once lived in Cambodia and I know what it's like to have Benzos/Barbiturates and Opiates on demand. It is very easy for thing to get out of hand.

You say that you have experienced a seizure already from withdrawal which makes me very nervous. I understand you dont have insurance, but it is possible that you could die from this withdrawal without proper medical atttention.

If you have no choice, yes, you can generally substitute one Benzodiazepine for another. The Benzodiazepine withdrawal is what you should be most worried about here. Opioid withdrawal can be painful and miserable, but Benzo withdrawal can be lethal.

Depending upon your unique metabolism:

Nitrazepam (Mogadon) 5mg = 0.5 -1mg Alprazolam (Xanax)

Use this conversion ratio as a benchmark and try to begin tapering as slow as possible. You dont need to rush things. Worry about the Buprenorphine later.

Keep us updated with how you feel and how you're doing okay? If you feel at all like you are going to have a seizure, then you should absolutely go to the hospital.

Please let us know how you're doing man.