• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Need Help Editing a Screenshot

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
I’m seeking help editing screenshots. I have an iPhone and I suspect what I wish to do falls under editing, then markup, but I’m unsure, as I haven’t yet been successful with this task.

What I’m trying to do (and I’m thinking in MS Paint terms) is to pick up the surrounding color next to the unwanted symbol(s), then use this collected color to paint over any undesirable figure(s).

Please see the attached screenshots I found as examples, and note the symbols on the top area. These are what I’d like to learn to cover up.

Hello @jhjhsdi

Yes! You’re thinking exactly what I’m talking about.

I use this method on MS Paint, but I cannot figure out how to suck up a color on an iPhone, then use that color to re-paint nearby areas, on IOS (that iPhones use).

I’m thinking that I’m going to have this question moved to the technical support sub forum and see if I can get more help there.

The tech support forum is more for Bluelight-related technical issues. I think this forum is the most suited for this question. Unfortunately I don't have any advanced photoshop-related experience. I am not sure you are going to be able to do this with your phone. In fact to just entirely get rid of the icons by editing an image might not even be possible, it would be more that you'd need to use a spray brush tool in a photo editor and carefully try to use some of the surrounding colors to blur out the icons. It wouldn't look perfect as if they had never been there but you could probably do a pretty good job with some effort.

no program can do this quite like photoshop. it has a brush that mimics near pixels and replicates gradients. it also has a stamp that allows you to copy the pattern from part of the photo, stamp it over the selected area, and then integrate the edges of the stamp into the surrounding pictures.

i don’t know that $10 a month is worth it to edit screenshots though. gimp is freeware and often has features comparable to photoshop. not very user friendly though.

easiest thing to do would be using the desktop browser’s developer tools to view the source or resources of webpage and grab the original image file instead of screenshoting.

google “how to steal website images” or something. is very easy using safari or chrome.

a trick to getting the image without opening your computer is to screenshot the image, crop, and then reverse image search. you can grab the image file from the google or yandex preview.

Yeah GIMP is definitely not user friendly, but can do quite a bit. I don't think you're going to be able to do much in the way of advanced image editing with a phone.

You know you can get to the underlying image in imgur, right? You don't have to work with the imgur post format, you can go to your images and get the links to the raw image and it won't put the imgur border and buttons on it. Well hmm, maybe not on the phone app actually.

Damn I hate using my phone for the Internet. So limiting! I think there must be a way to get to the raw images on your phone but I'm not seeing it as I look on my app.

On a PC, these are the steps to get to the raw image link:

LomU42I.png

FgLGW7H.png

yTdg0fQ.png

The last image shows where you get the code to paste into a post, the top link (above the one I circled) labeled "Image link" gives the URL to the raw image

It wouldn't look perfect as if they had never been there
Something akin to a tattoo cover-up.
Can we not just crop the tops off? I get there may be a certain resolution one is going for but an option that is quick and simple.

Edit
there may be settings in the screenshot editor whereby one may be able to remove these "dropdowns" or scanner things. Strange that i do not see any of these in my screenshots. This is on all your SSs?

I’m starting to think I should be using a laptop/desktop for Bluelight, other than my iPhone.

In the thick of COVID last year, in BFE New Mexico, my iPhone broke, after I fell asleep playing a slots game and my kitty liked the warmth of the phone and fell asleep on it.

I sent away for an iPhone repair kit and using YouTube videos, I thought I could fix it myself. When I had the phone filleted open, and what looked like 3/4” length of a cassette tape suddenly ripped, I knew I was totes fucked, for sure.

I had to buy one of those phones hitmen and drug dealers use.

I highly recommend a laptop or desktop computer for Bluelight (and literally anything else Internet-related). Phones are just inferior for the forum experience, full stop. :) PCs are also much better for watching videos. And for photo editing.

Something akin to a tattoo cover-up.
Can we not just crop the tops off? I get there may be a certain resolution one is going for but an option that is quick and simple.

Edit
there may be settings in the screenshot editor whereby one may be able to remove these "dropdowns" or scanner things. Strange that i do not see any of these in my screenshots. This is on all your SSs?

There may be some app for an iPhone that allows photo cropping. In fact I'm sure there is. Much easier on a desktop/laptop though.