View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help!! DXM problems!! Bad trip??

RealG

Greenlighter
Hello! I have had some experience with DXM and no longer use it. However, I went on binges last year and I was only 18 and it was my senior year of high school. I would say I used it less than 20 times, I have no idea how many times I actually used, but I would say more than 10? I would use it because I had so many problems in my life, I wanted a life changing perspective and I've only tried psychedelics once (25-i), because I don't know many people who sell them. I read online that DXM can make you trip if used in high doses, I found it interesting. So the first time I used it, I tried a 8ml robotussin with some weed, it made my head spin and I liked it! I continued to use it every now and then after that day. Sometimes if I don't feel normal the days after the trip, I would trip again until I felt normal.

I would also use it as a means of escape when I felt depressed and I have anxiety as well I would use it for. I continued using through a little under a year period and it changed the way I think, but not all in a good way. I would use Delsym, Hyvee cough medicine with DXM hbr only, and I used Robitussin only the first time I used it. Sometimes I find myself emotionally numb and the last time I used it may have something to do with it. Last November, I believe is when I used it last and before that I used it a month earlier with weed and I was well fit at that time and it gave me the confidence I needed, however, I felt empty it drove me crazy feeling like that, I would only think about a small number of things, whereas before I used DXM, my world was huge, I felt like I could have a discussion about almost anything like plants, music, cars, computers, the industry, religon, etc.
So I used it one more time to maybe "fix" all the things that were wrong.

However this particular day I felt a little horny before using so I started jacking off in the bathroom and after I heard someone come home, I stopped and went in my room. I went outside for a little and drank the cough syrup I bought from hyvee, it was DXM hbr only and it was only 4ml, but this time no weed. A few minutes passed and I felt it working, but I still felt horny for some reason so I started to jack off again locked in my room and switch back and forth between my room and the bathroom. I remember I would stop for a while to do something else and resumed when I felt like it again (yeah I know, weird).

At the end of the night I would try and fall asleep, I still wanted to jack off because I wanted to finish, but I couldn't. I eventually ended up falling asleep at like 4 o'clock in the morning. The next few days were very strange after the trip, I wasn't my normal self anymore. It's as if I lost common sense, I lost how to communicate with people and the people skills I knew before were gone. I had bad short term memory and would often forget things on the spot.
The days I had nothing to do (no work, no school) were the worst because I wouldn't know what to do. The worst part is the weed wouldn't feel the same any more, I would only think deeply for 3 minutes, then felt hungry and heavy and after I ate, I felt bloated. I told myself I wont be doing dxm anymore so I stopped. I wouldn't usually masturbate everyday (at least I would try not to), but the days after, it was like I couldn't control it. That's all my mind would be thinking about, even when doing homework, I couldn't concentrate until I ejaculate. This has continued for about 5-6 months now and I can't control it, it's as if it were compulsive and mornings are the worst, it's like my body doesn't listen to my mind when it says no and my mind would kind of want to do it.

This is getting out of hand and I wouldn't even go working out anymore, because it would make me even more horny if I did workout. I need help!! I haven't exercised consistently for months now and have gotten skinnier and lost muscle. I read on the forums that sometimes after the trips, the feeling would manifest itself and sometimes tripping again would help, but they also warned about tripping again. It's been almost 7 months since I stopped using, I feel myself ever so slowly returning to normal, but I can't control the masturbating and weed still somewhat feels different. I used to have such a creative high before I used DXM but sometimes felt better after using DXM, but not since last time. Would the NMDA antagonism have anything to do with this? I have also tried using piracetam daily, but have stopped for a while, I'm thinking of reusing it. I know this is a long read, but I'm in need of help and don't know what else to do so please anybody out there with advice and experience, please help me!!

Hello! I have had some experience with DXM and no longer use it. However, I went on binges last year and I was only 18 and it was my senior year of high school. I would say I used it less than 20 times, I have no idea how many times I actually used, but I would say more than 10? I would use it because I had so many problems in my life, I wanted a life changing perspective and I've only tried psychedelics once (25-i), because I don't know many people who sell them. I read online that DXM can make you trip if used in high doses, I found it interesting. So the first time I used it, I tried a 8Oz* robotussin with some weed, it made my head spin and I liked it! I continued to use it every now and then after that day. Sometimes if I don't feel normal the days after the trip, I would trip again until I felt normal.

Last part underlined there is a bad idea with DXM. It's so potent in the brain IME. You would lengthen the "fry-brain" afterglow effects by doing this.

I would also use it as a means of escape when I felt depressed and I have anxiety as well I would use it for. I continued using through a little under a year period and it changed the way I think, but not all in a good way. I would use Delsym, Hyvee cough medicine with DXM hbr only, and I used Robitussin only the first time I used it. Sometimes I find myself emotionally numb and the last time I used it may have something to do with it. Last November, I believe is when I used it last and before that I used it a month earlier with weed and I was well fit at that time and it gave me the confidence I needed, however, I felt empty it drove me crazy feeling like that, I would only think about a small number of things, whereas before I used DXM, my world was huge, I felt like I could have a discussion about almost anything like plants, music, cars, computers, the industry, religon, etc.
So I used it one more time to maybe "fix" all the things that were wrong.

Drugs aren't meant to be used as an escape. This creates more problems as you can see^
There was a point in time in my life where I emptied my emotions out my skull each time I filled my cup up with codeine and swallowed a xanax. I was emotionally numb and seeked a way to help me over-come this. DXM was the first Hallucinogen that I tried and it opened my mind back up to the things I was numb to. So IME DXM helped that aspect but you are not an experienced tripper so there is lots of room for this sort of mind-fuck you're experiencing.

You use hallucinogens to help you see things you wish to change about yourself then when you are aware lucidly, you can now implement these ideas.
If it makes sense^

However this particular day I felt a little horny before using so I started jacking off in the bathroom and after I heard someone come home, I stopped and went in my room. I went outside for a little and drank the cough syrup I bought from hyvee, it was DXM hbr only and it was only 4Oz*, but this time no weed. A few minutes passed and I felt it working, but I still felt horny for some reason so I started to jack off again locked in my room and switch back and forth between my room and the bathroom. I remember I would stop for a while to do something else and resumed when I felt like it again (yeah I know, weird).

At the end of the night I would try and fall asleep, I still wanted to jack off because I wanted to finish, but I couldn't. I eventually ended up falling asleep at like 4 o'clock in the morning. The next few days were very strange after the trip, I wasn't my normal self anymore. It's as if I lost common sense, I lost how to communicate with people and the people skills I knew before were gone. I had bad short term memory and would often forget things on the spot.
The days I had nothing to do (no work, no school) were the worst because I wouldn't know what to do. The worst part is the weed wouldn't feel the same any more, I would only think deeply for 3 minutes, then felt hungry and heavy and after I ate, I felt bloated. I told myself I wont be doing dxm anymore so I stopped. I wouldn't usually masturbate everyday (at least I would try not to), but the days after, it was like I couldn't control it. That's all my mind would be thinking about, even when doing homework, I couldn't concentrate until I ejaculate. This has continued for about 5-6 months now and I can't control it, it's as if it were compulsive and mornings are the worst, it's like my body doesn't listen to my mind when it says no and my mind would kind of want to do it.

This is getting out of hand and I wouldn't even go working out anymore, because it would make me even more horny if I did workout. I need help!! I haven't exercised consistently for months now and have gotten skinnier and lost muscle. I read on the forums that sometimes after the trips, the feeling would manifest itself and sometimes tripping again would help, but they also warned about tripping again. It's been almost 7 months since I stopped using, I feel myself ever so slowly returning to normal, but I can't control the masturbating and weed still somewhat feels different. I used to have such a creative high before I used DXM but sometimes felt better after using DXM, but not since last time. Would the NMDA antagonism have anything to do with this? I have also tried using piracetam daily, but have stopped for a while, I'm thinking of reusing it. I know this is a long read, but I'm in need of help and don't know what else to do so please anybody out there with advice and experience, please help me!!

Yes these effects are all due to doing DXM IME. The forgetfulness, communication problems, failure to finish, being obsessed on it. Very normal when abusing DXM. Even a couple days after a single dose I'm like a retard. After a 4Oz trip I had the first day of my new job to attend and I was totally fried.

The finishing part is quite frustrating as well. When I was new to DXM I'd get these effects for up to 5days after the dose.
Weed, caffeine, nicotine and alcohol all feel different for a while after DXM. I also think it has something to do with the NMDA antagonism leaving a "dissociated" feeling to rule the high.

Give it time as time heals all. You're fine.
FlySafely

i hated that feeling hungry all the time feeling after abusing dxm. the hornyness was nice though.

why would u jack off on dxm bud? sorry I just laughed very hard. your not the only one, I get horrible erectile dysfunction ( cant finish) with dxm in doses as low as 300milligrams. when I was abusing dxm I was using anywhere from 300-1500mg around 1-4ish times a week for a solid year, with small breaks in-between, I couldn't really have sex and be able to finish throughout the whole time I was using. it ruined my sex drive. during this time I never thought about sex, it actually sounded unpleasant. my sex drive was gone until I quit dxm, last march. and have been using amphetamines ( both legal and illegal) since and my sex drive is the opposite that it was on dxm. I don't recoomend using amphetamines they cause much worse problems and are no where near as safe as the mid plateaus of dxm, but still safer then triple c's to all you idiots who pop those things.

I just read the rest of your post and it seems you went through short term dxm induced psychosis. dxm psychosis isn't that serious from my experience after binging, it actually motivates me in a way. Adderall or any type of speed induced psychosis is so much worse then dxm, if you ever went through any amphetamine, (meth being the worst) psychosis you would laugh at how dxm effected u. dxm is a dissociative so its a easier to get scared and beileive your psychotic when it reality you took a substance you couldn't handle, your brain got overworked, and you lost your sh*t. just don't dose so high and RESPECT IT AS A POWERFUL DISSOCSIATIVE.

you being so horny is all you bro, pointless to post it to bluelight. its not from drugs your just fucking horny and have an over- obsessive disorder where you cant stop being horny. go tell your doctor or someone, bluelight is no place for that.