• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Need feedback.

loveishell

Greenlighter
First post.
Simple question. If I'm on suboxone 6mg for 3 weeks will I experience withdrawals? I've been on suboxone before for about a year and jumped off at 6 and it was pretty rough. It's a long story why I'm going on it for only 3 weeks but I'm wondering if I will pay the price coming off? Edit- Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think it largely depends on the individual, but I have a similar story and experience. I was on suboxone in the past (clinic) and I got sober and got off, and about 1.5 years later started to use it recreationally as I had about 25 strips I found in an old hiding spot. I proceeded to use them, but I also did my absolute best to not go more than 2 days in a row.. so 2 days .. 1 off … 2 days … 1 off, at about 2-4 mg the days I used until I ran out.. which was probably 2 months later about.

I was surprised at how little my withdrawal from this experience was. I simply didn't sleep the best and was a little cold sweaty when the time came to jump.. But damn it was so much easier than the first time I came off subs, which was the worst withdrawal of my life.

Hope this helps, hopefully you get lucky like me and can skid through the W/Ds. I wouldn't suggest going longer than 3 weeks though

Why 6MG? If you have 3 weeks worth of 6MG daily, it would not be wise to use the full amount and then go with nothing. There is no therapeutic benefit of doing more than less Bupe, and one bout of withdrawals can never predict the next. I highly suggest not going from 6MG to 0. Get yourself down to 1MG or .5MG for an easier time. Unless you are going straight from Suboxone to another opioid, you are playing with fire.

If you are stopping abruptly then you'll almost certainly have withdrawals. Rapid tapering is a much better option.

I experienced withdrawal going from 2mg to zero mg. The hard part was trying to fall sleep flopping around like a pancake all night. Used sleeping pills and hot showers to finally fall asleep

3 weeks won't be as bad as when you did it for a year, but try to minimize the dosage so you won't experience any ill affects when you stop after 3 weeks. You might feel uncomfortable for a few days I would say max about a week.