• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Benzo Advice ASAP

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
Hello all

I am well experienced with allllll different types of drugs.. and am diagnosed with severe ADHD, GAD, insomnia, Manic depressive (with MDD), panic disorder, and fybromyalga... I've been perscribed almost any and every psychotrop out there..After finally settling in, and starting a ruelationship with once again a new MD, he has me on 2x .5mg klonopin a day, 3x 5mg Valium a day, and now .5mg lorazepams as needed... to be honest I'm frustrated. I told him when he first asked what I was previously perscribed (under the influence of), I told him honestly..at the time it was 3mg of klonopin a day in the form of 1mg pills. So what's with these baby doses of all different benzos???? To be honest I would probably be fine with 20-30mg Valium a day with 1mg lorazepams (basically for panic or insomnia) I'm just confused? He threw in some lyrica before jumping to give me the Valium, which I had a HORRIBLE reaction to... I know what works for me. How do I get the point across that I have no intention of abusing these medications, but they're the only thing that works for my mania panic, anxiety, and insomnia. Advise?

All depends on the doctor unfortunately, and a lot of times doctors are going to disagree with you, and act like they know whats best for you, even though they don't! My last buprenorphine doc, which is who I originally was prescribed benzos from, starting with klonopin, was very liberal with prescribing me almost any benzo I asked to try, after being on nearly 5mg a day of klonopin for over like a year and a half or 2 years something like that, I went to valium, 40+mg a day, like 4 10mg tabs with some extras just in case thrown in.. and he had no problem pretty much upping my dose, or switching benzos any time I would ask.. I didn't make a habit of it.. I mean when I got to like 5mg of kpin a day, and asked for more, after he had increased my dose by like 0.5-1mg every month or so for the first five months I was on them, he said no more than 5mg a day.. so I became tolerant to them, and wanted to try valium, as I had already tried it a couple time before being scripted it and liked it, and it was a very good trade! I loved it.. and then I had to switch sub docs about a year after the switch to valium.. but my new, and current sub doctor, hates valium, really only likes to prescribe klonopin! she does prescribe Ativan too, sometimes if the person needs a shorter acting, more helpful for people who just have panic attacks, but not so much general/social anxiety.. but valium she said to me, when I asked to stay on my roughly 45mg a day of, said that was totally irresponsible of my last doctor to give me ( have no idea why!?) and there was absolutely no way I could stay on it! I was bummed, but I still like klonopin so when she said I could stay on those instead I was okay with it, not thrilled, but it was ok... and now I am doing fine with just the kpins for the most part.. some days I miss my valium a lot and wish I could still have it, but no I cant unless I switch docs.. I don't want to either, because she is a cool doctor, and listens to me for most any problem I have, has no problem scripting me 3 different scheduled drugs, since she knows I need them to live a happy normal life, which are.. 8mg Bupe once a day, 3-4mg klonopin a day, and 20mg of Adderall a day, I am lucky to have a sub doc so understanding, as some of my friends who have different ones, and also suffer from anxiety like me, cant even get benzos with their subs, and if they do they are lucky to even get 1mg of kpin a day, and think I am so lucky! they always ask me how I can get that much klonopin a day, and really I think its just because my old dose of kpin/val was relatively high, she didn't want to cut it in half off the bat, and said I could stay on 3mg of kpin a day with extras in case, that's why I say 3-4mg day.. the same doc wont prescribe most of my friends, whom I refered to her, any more than 1.5mg a day max.. so I guess I am lucky.

Last edited:
Yeah man..I guess I should just be thankful for what I have, with my doc now, he seemed hesitant to up the dose, but I think he would, (just couldn't because of insurance)..but once i get 1-2mg kpin, 20-30mg Valium, and 2mg Ativan day (MAY OR MAY NOT be needed at this point)...I'll be in love LMAO.. but a certain side of me is somewhat worried I'll always just be wanting more and more...