View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need advice

Anon405

Greenlighter
So a friend of mine wants to do lsd again but is worried he'll have a bad trip bc recently he has been having cannabis induced anxiety attacks. Swim used to smoke pot on the regular and then one day while swim was really high his left arm stared shooting pain and his heart felt like it had a knife in it. He started to freak out but his friends calmed him down. So the next day he tried to smoke again, the same thing happened. He tried to smoke on several different occasions but the same thing kept happening, so he gave up. Even when he doesn't smoke his heart and leff arm hurt. His arm hurts constantly and his heart hurts ever so often throughiut the day. He is convinced he has a heart problem. He wants to do acid again but he is afraid that it will cause the same symptoms pot does. He is an extremely positive person and he isn't worried about having a bad trip. More so the fear of the anxiety attack. Should swim drop cid?

If you or your friend are having anxiety or panic right now, avoid taking the LSD or other drugs including cannabis right now. Good luck.

Also if you are worried about your health with your arm, heart, etc. See a doctor and tell him or her what happens and how you feel, and if you do tell them you smoke pot and trip you will not get into legal trouble as there are HIPPA laws, and doctor patient confidentiality.

Last edited:
If you or your friend are having anxiety or panic right now, avoid taking the LSD or other drugs including cannabis right now. Good luck.

Especially the weed.
Also, we know it's you who we are discussing so make it easier on all concerned and just write the post like you are writing to friends, because you are.

If you are getting shooting pains down the side of your arm and you are experiencing heart pain then it's possible you have heart problems. It's really important you go and see what's wrong as it's unlikely to be anxiety related if it's to do with your heart. There is no excuses, you must go and seek medical attention as it could be something that needs treatment ASAP. As for LSD, LSD has an affinity to become vasoconstrictive which means it can narrow your blood vessels and it's known to increase blood pressure also so whilst you have unknown heart complaints - it's probably a good idea to avoid taking psychedelics as they won't help with the physical aspects of the problems you have reported.
And definitely go and seek help. I don't mean to make you panic but that ticker of yours - when it stops, it stops dude. And if stops at any one time when you aren't around someone to help you or you don't have medication you may need or even further medical assistance, well... you can guess the rest of the story. Be safe! This is your life you are talking about! It's far more sacred than any LSD experience because you need to be alive to enjoy the LSD in the first place!

And if it's any consolation I too thought I had a heart problem at one point and you'll be surprised how your mind can trick you especially when you are known for anxiety. Fortunately for me, anxiety comes and goes and it only really happens when I smoked too much weed and don't have much of a socially functioning lifestyle (hibernating away from friends, social occasions, smoking a tonne of grass on my own etc.) and I actually had to call a paramedic out to check me out this one time because I didn't feel too great. Turned out my heart rate was really healthy for my age and in fact was the heart rate of someone 5-10 years younger than me and the paramedics know what to look for on their monitors for people with heart problems. It could just be anxiety and psychosomatic (believing you are ill or have a physiological health problem when it is created in the mind which in turn affects your body) or it could be worse.

Go and get checked up man, good luck and stay safe :)

When I first started taking drugs I first had LSD then moved to cannabis. I never had any difficulties on acid, (well I got a bit panicked in a night club when two guys started wrecking the joint so I left), but the cannabis would floor me with anxiety and paranoia.

Anxiety attacks can come across as heart like problems and I would imagine the most likely cause of your problems but always worth getting it checked out.

If he is going to trip with anxiety about it turning bad it wont be good!! Best to leave substances for a bit and let the head rest, imho.