Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need advice

what1

Greenlighter
Happy new year, all

Went to a NYE rave with my girlfriend but she met up with her friends and I met up with mine. We were planning on rolling together but I didn't see her until after the show. I took 200 mg, which is what we were both supposed to do because we didn't want to feel shitty the next day. My girlfriend ended up taking 500 mg. I asked her why so much and she said she got talked into it by her friends. She told me she started with 200 mg, then 200 mg an hour later, followed by 100 mg 2 hours after her second drop. She says she had a good roll with no issues whatsoever. She had last consumed MDMA about 3 months prior. She's worried her tolerance is going to be sky high now and is going to need 500 mg every time from now on to have a good roll.

What should I tell her? I already told her to take a long break -- at least 6 months -- but she wants more advice than that. Any help would be appreciated!

Just because she did 500mgs one time that doesn't mean she's gonna need that dose everytime. Stress to her the importance of taking a break to give her time to replenish 5-HT. She says that she didn't crash hard but if she starts rolling too often then that won't stay that way. Also I agree that her MDMA must be really cut, 400mgs in an hour is rediculous not to mention the need to top up on such a dose.

It's not uncommon for peeps to bash through a gram or more in a sesh but personally I've found 500mg to be pretty much the limit of what you can get from this drug. After that it just ends up with you doing massive bombs that dont really do very much and leave you with a massive come down. Nearer the end of my MDMA days I could easily smash in half a gram or more in one bomb at the end of the sesh and it barely did fuck all. Silly as fuck.....

My personal advice if you're going to do that much is a couple of 140mg bombs spaced out, then neck the rest if you truly want to spangle yerself. I've found that huge doses don't necessarily even work as well. You get "fucked" but not as "high and rushy" which is personally where I like to be. I found it similar to a lot of stims. With coffee for example, if I drink a normal cup it gives me a kick, if I drink the equivalent of caffeine soup it just makes me feel ill and a bit tired.

Tolerance can be a weird thing though, I was doing it every weekend for pretty much 2 years straight and not that unregulary for 8 years prier to that. This is obviously not a good thing and also normalises the experience, but even though I was taking so much, some weekends would be mindblowing while others just so-so. That's not a good position to be in with something like this substance however and I don't recommend it. The comedowns can be brutal and although I'm lucky that I can still get a good time from it once in awhile, its not the same as it used to be and I don't think you want to normalise an experience such as this.

Yes, I also told her that what her friends gave her must've been cut with something else but she countered with telling me that her tolerance must've been a bit high already and that's what allowed her to take such a big amount. She's rolled 5 times now. Before NYE, she rolled 4 times, all of which happened to be on back-to-back days. In other words, at one festival she did 500 mg over the course of 2 days (200 the first - 300 the second) and at a later festival she did 400 mg in 2 days (200 the first - 200 the second). I don't know if she has a point, but I'm still going to stress to her that what she took was most likely cut.

Last edited:
Tell her to chill out like you already susgested to her and mention if she rolls too often she will over time "lose the magic" of rolling all together....

Thanks! I have mentioned that to her and she's been good about it. Even though she's rolled on back-to-back days twice, all of her breaks have been at least 2 months long.

How can a serious tolerance develop taking a substance once in three months? It is in no way possible a tolerance requiring 500 mg of MDMA would develop after not using the substance for 3 months. Cut gear, was it tested? I mean Mandelin, Marquis and Mecke as a minimum. Preferably a Simon’s Reagent test kit as well (Simon's is used to differentiate between MDA and MDMA/MDE, MDPV, methylone, amphetamine and methamphetamine). 500 mg MDMA with 3 months between experiences, almost 0 tolerance and not be completely fucked out of your mind? May have been bk MDMA. Unfortunately you will never know without testing.

Anyway off my soap box, tell your GF she need not worry, get a new dealer, get some test kits for future use and tell her not to stress as her tolerance level is not an issue, unidentified/cut and/or crap drugs are the real issue here. Tell her that whatever her friends say is probably just inexperience talking. There are some VERY experienced people who post on BL and have safety and harm reduction firmly in mind, severely etarded is one such example, there are many. Notice the consensus of feedback to your thread/question is that she need not worry and her tolerance, if another 3 months are taken between experiences, is not a factor.

^
Yeah there is no doubt it was cut or even bk-MDMA or something like lovepsychadelics says. My tolerance is now normal because I space out a lot more but I used to have a ridiculous tolerance and even then I would be smashed beyond recognition if I did 400mg of pure MDMA in one hour and 100mg more after that. I would certainly not be fine although I do not mean that in a negative way, I would be a happy, euphoric, confused, shivering mess :D your girlfiriend's tolerance is fine and will be fine if she doesn't start abusing the stuff. Woman are even more susceptible to MDMA than men so 500mg would've hit her like a runaway train if it was pure uncut stuff, that's a hardcore dose, though not unheard of, but that's always people that roll a lot more than once every 2 months (or less) and have a tolerance that's very high. Tell her to take a break and try again in at least 2 months (the longer the better though), buy a testkit and enjoy...

Last edited:
How can a serious tolerance develop taking a substance once in three months? It is in no way possible a tolerance requiring 500 mg of MDMA would develop after not using the substance for 3 months. Cut gear, was it tested? I mean Mandelin, Marquis and Mecke as a minimum. Preferably a Simon’s Reagent test kit as well (Simon's is used to differentiate between MDA and MDMA/MDE, MDPV, methylone, amphetamine and methamphetamine). 500 mg MDMA with 3 months between experiences, almost 0 tolerance and not be completely fucked out of your mind? May have been bk MDMA. Unfortunately you will never know without testing.

and most likely even reagent testing wouldn't be too conclusive. if the material would for instance turn out to be around 30% mdma and 70% lactose, we'd still see positive results for mdma and her doses would be perfectly plausible for normal/no tolerance. i believe a quite some of people on here overestimate their dosages because of this. there's another thread on the front page right now with something like "i have pure mdma (reagent tested)"...

So tolerance with MDMA is just like with every other drug? The longer you stay away from it, the more it returns to normal? Just confused because some people talk about never being able to roll again, even if they do space out their rolls.

Her and I have since agreed that what she took was cut. Thank you all for your input!

There are cases of extreme bingeing that permanently changed/diminished the effects of MDMA for a person. But for most people, even if abused, it is not permanent. I have a friend that used to abuse this stuff hardcore, really really hardcore and after a long time of doing this he didn't feel anything else than a speed-like effect anymore, no more euphoria, empathy, kindness or anything. After two years of abstinence from any and all drugs he tried again. Still greatly diminished effects, a bit of empathy and euphoria but not all that much and certainly not like it used to be. He says about 20% of what he used to feel. And I was with hem back then, they were awesome pills, not weak at all. So now 3 months ago he was almost getting married and wanted to roll one more time before tying the knot. It was 8 years ago since his binge period and 6 years ago since he unsuccessfully tried it again. I brought green androids, one of the best pills you can buy. You should've seen his face =D I am certain I looked just like that my first time doing the stuff and for him it felt like that too, it was like he was rediscovering the drug

So yeah you will almost always get your tolerance back down, even as far as feeling like it's the first time if you wait long enough. But it can take a really long time for it to go down if you aren't careful. In extreme cases of abuse years even and that's why (I think) that some people say it's permanent, because it takes years sometimes and they've grown out of drugs or forgot about MDMA by then. Of course it doesn't mean that just because your tolerance is back down after heavy abuse, you haven't done other damage that is permanent.

These are extreme cases though. I have discovered that for me (but I take very high doses and redose, which makes your tolerance go up a lot faster so YMMV) I have to wait a minimum of 3 months and if I want to feel almost like the first time 6 months...

*edit* read over your messages again. Stress one more thing to her: do NOT roll back-to-back days. It will catch up with her sooner or later with very bad and long comedowns coupled with high tolerance. That's not good, though I've done it myself, but that's why I warn you

Last edited:
She could have a tolerance if she is getting high w/o you sounds like she ditched you at the rave and went off to party

You should've seen his face =D I am certain I looked just like that my first time doing the stuff and for him it felt like that too, it was like he was rediscovering the drug

I actually made an "awww" sound when I read that lol. Bet he was happy as anything. =D

These are extreme cases though. I have discovered that for me (but I take very high doses and redose, which makes your tolerance go up a lot faster so YMMV) I have to wait a minimum of 3 months and if I want to feel almost like the first time 6 months...

*edit* read over your messages again. Stress one more thing to her: do NOT roll back-to-back days. It will catch up with her sooner or later with very bad and long comedowns coupled with high tolerance. That's not good, though I've done it myself, but that's why I warn you

What's your usual dose and re-dose?

Definitely. She's only done it twice and learned to not do that after her second time. She had a terrible comedown and didn't feel right for about a month. It's really not something she wants to go through again, to say the least.

and most likely even reagent testing wouldn't be too conclusive. if the material would for instance turn out to be around 30% mdma and 70% lactose, we'd still see positive results for mdma and her doses would be perfectly plausible for normal/no tolerance. i believe a quite some of people on here overestimate their dosages because of this. there's another thread on the front page right now with something like "i have pure mdma (reagent tested)"...

Yep gotta love MDMA "powder" and the associated lack of actual MDMA in the "powder" and the fact test kits can't give you a percentage of MDMA present just that there is some MDMA in there someplace. Could try a basic purification technique to remove the lactose/cutting agent from the MDMA. However that requires a bit more effort than buying a few test kits plus a presumed basic understanding of chemistry which are evidently something most people have little to no interest in other than getting high off chemicals. The prevailing attitude of my friends said x=y so it must be true among many of the younger generation is lamentable.

To the OP My dose tested crystal MDMA is 100-120 mg or sometimes 80 mg followed by 40 mg as a re-dose. I use other drugs as well in a bit of a polysubstance abuse cocktail. However excessive re-dosing on MDMA ends up doing nothing more than increasing the discomfort experienced on the slippery slope to sobriety. I think BlueBull doses much higher doses but I barely touch MDMA these days like 3-4 times a year max. Just not something I seek out. 2cx's however and 4 aco/ho tryptamines...

Last edited:
200mg - 100mg redose is a standard night for me (on NYE I did 200mg+100mg+100mg but that's an exception and now followed by a 6 month break). Some will find this a bit excessive but it's the only way for me to feel the full effects of the drug. I naturally have a high tolerance for it, though I suppose a single 200mg dose would suffice too but then I would come down way too soon. Keep in mind that this is a hefty dose for most people and in no way or form an encouragement to dose like this, it's just how I do it, all my friends that roll together with me dose lower but reach the same effects. And because of that my waiting period between rolls needs to be longer than avarage. I think redoses are more harmful than high doses anyways so I'm trying to cut back on that instead of the 200mg but that's not always easy =D

I tested this out too. Waited 6 months before rolling and dropped 140mg in stead of my usual 200mg and I did not get full effects, far from it. Waited 6 months again and this time dropped 200mg and BOOM, I was flying like all my friends were on 150mg

I actually made an "awww" sound when I read that lol. Bet he was happy as anything. =D
Yeah it was really cool to see. I was so glad for him when I saw that look appear on his face about 40 minutes after dropping. That was very fun to watch, reminded me of myself when I started doing MDMA, he was like a little kid in a candy store with permission to take as much as he wanted =D He said his proper goodbyes to MDMA and drugs in general that night, he still talks about it regularly now 3 months later

Last edited: