• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Need advice talking to my bupe doc

Bstr83

Greenlighter
So here’s my quick story. Longtime opiate addict, decided after years of failure I can’t just stop on my own. so I decided it’s time to try the suboxone route. Have read quite a bit about suboxone, the good bad and ugly. I decided going in that I want to do a quick 2-3 month taper and then go from there. Of course the doc tells me to take one pill in the morning, one at night. Prescribed Zubsolv, so each is 5.7/2 but essentially an 8/2 suboxone strip. I didn’t say anything to him at the time, but I feel this is way too much. Have only ever used pills, no H, at about 150-200 mg per day so not the worst habit around but not small either. So for first 5 days I have been taking half in morning, half at night. I go back day after tomorrow and am worried about how to approach this. Should i tell him I didn’t listen and only took one, or should I just pretend I did as he said and took two per day. I’m worried I’ll offend him or something or he’ll throw me out for not following his directions. I’ve found these Docs have quite the ego sometimes and don’t want to give him the impression I know better, even though honestly I think I do. I’d like to start tapering down immediately to even smaller amounts so that I’m taking just enough to keep cravings at bay and not a mg more. Anyone had this discusion with their doctor? Any advice how I should tell him? Thanks! Feeling great by the way, definitely don’t need any more and even thinking of going to three quarter pill tomorrow.

I cannot tell you to lie to a doctor but I can tell you my experience. Doctors prescribe extremely high doses of Bupe to drown out your receptors. If you will feel better knowing you have extra and you are maintained at half your prescribed dose than just carry on. Doses less than 2MG are ideal but if you truly wish to get off of opiates forever than I would try to stay just at 2MG if possible. The norbuprenorphine is amazing as a painkiller but if you are trying to quit and don't have any pain than using Bupe with 2-4MG as a starting point should make for a relatively easy taper. Best of luck