• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need advice on stolen pain meds

Happycamper7449

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! I'm not sure if my post is in the correct spot, so if it is not, then I will move it to the correct location. So I am prescribed Hydrocodone, for back pain. I've had 3 surgeries and I'm waiting on a fourth. A couple days ago I was leaving my house with my girlfriend and was headed to her place. I needed a pain pill but we were in a hurry so I took my whole bottle. When we got to her house I took a pill from the bottle and put the bottle on my seat and went inside. I didn't make an effort to hide it because I thought I would be gone soon and back to my car. When I got back the bottle was gone and I couldn't find it. I realized I had left my car unlocked, and someone must have walked by and seen it and stolen them. Luckily I didn't have any cash or any valuables. I was prescribed a larger amount than usual because I am headed to Ecuador next week on vacation. And this persecution was supposed to last me until I got home (in a month). I definitely need my pain medicine when I travel and because of the activities I will be doing there. Monday I will call the doctor and explain and see if he will write me another prescription or what. I have never had any issues or asked or a refill early, but I am 18 years old, so I'm afraid he will fear the worst and not believe me. Does anyone have any advice on what I should I do or what the chances are the doctor will write another script? Should I file a police report for them? And if I do file it, what will the police do? I'm worried the police will be quite suspicious and maybe suspect something, but being as I have nothing to hide, I'll be fine. If I could have some guidance or someone to offer any suggestions, that would be amazing! Thank you all!

Call your doctor, call your pharmacy. See what they say. If needed file a report, get a copy. This is bordering on legal discussion but will leave open for now.

^exactly this. I believe it varies by state but a police report is almost a requirement and it may well protect you if it turns up somewhere. I knew a doctor who rewrote early but the pharmacy would 1)need the report (state requirement) and 2)insurance may not cover. It may vary by location so I agree call around if you're lucky enough to having an understanding doctor.

Last edited:
^exactly this. I believe it varies by state but a police report is almost a requirement and it may well protect you if it turns up somewhere. I knew a doctor who rewrote early but the pharmacy would 1)need the report (state requirement) and 2)insurance may not cover. It may vary by location so I agree call around if you're lucky enough to having an understanding doctor.
Do you have any idea of the process of filing a police report? What do you think the police will do? Would I they just take note and then keep their eyes open if anything were to turn up?

Its called an incident report and generally they are just to note that it happened. You do this for an official record of theft if you value your possession and understand the correct process for these things filing a police report is crucial in most cases. I mean im not about to go to the police if i see drug deals or talk if its my own fault but society views your situation much better if you go through the proper channels.

You only need to be afraid if its a lie and they weren't stolen as falsifying a police report in an effort to obtain scheduled drugs has got to be a decent crime.

Thank you for your help! I filled out a police report already. They told me they probably won't find them, but it will do good if they happen to find the
Bottle in the hands of someone who is arrested. I also called my doctor and explained to him the situation, and he had no problem writing me another prescription for them. I'm guessing it is because I have him my case number, and i have had no prior problems. Thank you all for the advice!

You got lucky. Most drs won't do it even with a police report. I'm glad things worked out for you. Next time keep them in a safe place or on you, as I do. It's a secure feeling knowing that there is no way that anything like this could happen again ��