• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need advice on approaching dr. Regarding anxiety and add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr1zzle906

Greenlighter
Hi, so on top of having chronic pain and arthritis following a few left shoulder surgeries I also have severe anxiety and adult add as well. My doctor currently has me on valium for anxiety and I did give ritalin a 2 month trial but to do so my valium was temporarily cut in half and I ultimately would have to choose between the stimulants and benzos. The problem is stimulants only work properly for me if I'm on at least a small amount of benzo as the benzo takes the edge off the stimulant. How do I go about bringing up the benefits of the combination without sounding like I'm trying to get high? I brought up focalin as it works the best with the least side effects for me but I still would ultimately make me choose benzo or stimulant. This sucks because I know of a few people whose doctors have no qualms Co prescribing uppers and downers and in large amounts. I'm talking 90 rid 20s and 90 valium 10s. I get 120 valium 5s but when placed on 60 rid 10s my valium was cut to 60 as well. I feel like if I replaced the ritalin with the focalin I could get by on the 60 valium but idk if he will go for it and I don't want to push my luck as its very hard to find doctors around here who aren't benzophobes.

It's best to be truthful with your doctor and tell him the benefits just like you've said here to us. We really can't tell you what to say but doctors appreciate honesty. I know what you mean cos all my doctors seem to be opiophobes. =D Sometimes they prescribe benzos together with stimulants to help with side effects or if the patient has another condition that warrants these meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.