• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

need advice coming off xanax

dicko89

Bluelighter
I've only been on the kind of short term say 2 months so I understand people who have been on them for years would suffer much more..I've wiped out my contact's so I cant order them as I don't get them from docs but I'm struggling now day 1 I usually take say at least 5-8 daily they are only the Upjohn 1mgs so no bars I'm just wondering how I can cope as life has all of a sudden got extremely boring. Thanks guys:(

I wanted to clarify- your average dosage is 5 to 8 mg xanax every day? I would be more worried about withdrawals and getting sick than being bored. You could try gabapentin to help with possible seizures and good for cravings.

thanks for the advice I will go book an appointment asap and give them ago, much appreciated T.Calderone;)

I hope you don't get withdrawals too bad and gabapentin is good to have around just in case. Take care!

^I'd expect something between mild discomfort or more moderate dysphoria, anxiety etc. but two months isn't enough time to turn you into a Benzodiazepine dependence horror story like the one's I'm sure you've heard about. I'm worried about your compulsive patterns of usage though. They would seem to indicate that you have a strong preference for Benzodiazepines as recreational drugs. This doesn't come from a place of judgment. None of us here want you to get involved in that hell.

Alcohol/Benzodiazepines/Barbiturates or sedative/hypnotic drugs for short tend to produce the most damaging, long-lasting and most difficult to recover from complications, both physically (especially the former) and psychologically.

You would do yourself a favor by picking up a different habit. 5mg -8mg Alprazolam (Xanax) daily is quite a large dose for someone with no previous tolerance.

thank you Keif`Richards i understand. I have had many habits in the past i.e. coke diazepam weed etc. and every time i get on something i take it too far and get hooked without realising, I have had my prescription upped from 4 solpadol 30/500 to 8 per day so I'm now trying my hardest to focus on some form of hobby to help take my mind off things.. i really appreciate the advice guys cheers.