• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need Advice About Tramadol-urgent.

zagor11

Bluelighter
Sorry I couldn't find tramadol mega thread-if there is one.

I have to cut my oxycodone from around 130mg to 80mg. I want to use Tramadol only for short period. But I need advice from someone who has tramadol experience

How long does it take to get addicted to tramadol if you use up to 1.5g daily. (1500 mg)?

1.5 g of tramadol per day will cause seizures, everything over 400 mg a day isn't safe and iirc there's been at least one case report of a woman having a seizure with 300 mg (most likely prone to seizures, but still)
And don't forget that tramadol is a SNRI, so withdrawing from it might be worse than from a pure opioid

How long does it take to get addicted to tramadol if you use up to 1.5g daily. (1500 mg)?

1500 mg of tramadol is an insane dose, almost guaranteed to result in a seizure.

Also, what do you mean when you say "get addicted to tramadol"? You're not addicted to any specific opioid, you're addicted to opioids in general. I mean, as kleinerkiffer said, tramadol being an SNRI is going to cause antidepressant discontinuation syndrome on top of the opioid withdrawal if you were to use it for weeks, but at 1500mg/day, that is the least of your worries - the issue at hand is seizures and serotonin syndrome; possibly also mania.

This is especially true if you were to combine tramadol with other prescription drugs that compete with it for certain liver enzymes (mostly CYP2D6; bupropion, for example, is notorious for this); this would slow down the conversion of tramadol to its active metabolite, resulting in reduced opioid effects and increased serotonergic effects, meaning it becomes even more dangerous.

Not much can top the above posts but here's the megathread and a quoted excerpt that might apply to your situation.

TRAMADOL MEGATHREAD(excerpt) ~~BIG WARNING: Tramadol causes seizures, saw a lot of them at low doses, mid doses, high doses so please take caution, if you are predisposed please use another opioid/opiate or seek an alternative treatment approved by your doctor.

The maximum dosage per day approved by doctors would be 400mg per day.

For a begginer I would suggest starting with 100 mg Its properties of lowering the seizure threshold are the biggest risk factor.

Chemical unbalance in the brain is another one which can result in depression, anxiety, mood swings, angryness etc. ( so don't be fooled by its antidepressant properties as those can take a big U Turn and surprise you)
Another big one would be the addiction potential, some doctors might say that is less addictive than other opioids or not at all, well this is not true at all as I've been addicted to it for 6 years + and even prefered it over morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, codeine etc. Even when I would use one of the substances stated I would always use tramadol also that''s how addictive it can be .

~Withdrawal.

Now this is a very unique part of it, as I said in other sections it is an opioid and SNRI/SRI working substance so the withdrawal will always have dual properties, that's why I for example found it hard to quit because the SNRI/SRI part would result in brain zaps, mood swings and crippling depression/anxiety.

Combine the withdrawal symptoms from above with the typical ones resulted from other opiod withdrawals nausea, diarheea , stomach pain, muscle pain, insomnia and restless leg syndrome and it will result in a typical tramadol withdrawal.

-Tramadol-MEGATHREAD-and-ESSENTIAL-amp-SIMPLE-information-about-it?

Only advice i can add is to use a long acting benzo if you do choose to use 400mg+ tramadol. the dangerous arent even really the risks even with preventive measures in place.

I get 40 mg capsules. I think they are IR because it says use 3 times a day. I will try to reduce my dose. Thanks everyone for advice and help. I will post my Q on megathread