• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need a pain management referral in Phoenix

hydro1

Greenlighter
I have 2 discs out in my back and suffer pain but not all the time. I can live with it most of the time but 3-5 days a month I get a bulge pushing into the nerve channel causing a great deal of pain that I cant handle with normal means. Ive tried literally everything to stay away from an opiate for pain. For 2 years I have done injections, rehab and therapy, massage therapy, chiropractor, accupuncture (and something similar to it), Ive been prescribed, gababentine, tramadol, lyrica, flexiril, tramadol, vicoden, percocet, ibuprofen, valium to address the muscle and nerve issues working together to create the pain. The percocets seem to work the best, although I seem to need 2-4 to make it really go away. I only accepted one prescription for them and that was after being up all night and going to urgent care the next day. I feel like Ive done everything in my power to fix the problem or reduce it and now I've been referred to a pain management place. I have good insurance and can pick my own, so a good recommendation will help. What I want is to be able to approach the subject of taking percocets WITHOUT being seen as an addict. I am in good health and very active so i obviously dont want to be taking this stuff all the time. I just need something that I can take when the pain gets out of my means to control it. I need a good doc that wont treat me like an addict, because Im not. Any suggestions?

And thanks too... I hope I put this in the right forum

id try and get something without APAP in it cause the liver damage it causes, see if your PM doctor can get you on roxies or oxy or morphine.

I would state to the doctor everything you have taken and tried. Let him suggest the stronger pain medicine. If you come out of the box saying Percocet, you may appear as a seeker. I would only mention it near the end if you have to, but letting him do it is much better.