• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Neck injecting with a 2ml

millymoo

Greenlighter
Hello I'm new to this but would like some advice as i worried for a friend, She is a heroin addict and is injecting into her neck with a 2ml barrel with a 2ml Blue head. she isnt going flat at a angle into a vien on the surface she is doing it herself. She is injecting straight into the right of her neck going at a straight angle like this :(--- i had to put this diagram as cant explain the angle in words , it really is worrying me i have told her how dangerous it is but could do with some advice as to what could happen to her,she is with me now so i would appreciate it if you could give me some feed back asap please thank u.

I don't know how we can help if you her close friends is unable to get her to stop. The only chance you have is an intervention, neck IV is end game type shit. She will not listen to anything short of a jail sentence or an embarrassing intervention.

Is she injecting into her neck because it's last vein she can find or does she think it will be a better rush? If it's for the rush I would assume it's not much different from the arm,I mean the circulatory system will get the dope to her brain within nano seconds difference of a neck shot.

That's usually a last resort area. That person definitely needs an intervention if you can't convince her otherwise.

That's usually a last resort area. That person definitely needs an intervention if you can't convince her otherwise.
Yeah usually last resort but I have heard from some ill informed people they believed that a jugular injection would give a better rush. Even heard from some idiots that it was romantic to do to your partner because it shows the trust level(or stupidity).

What everyone else said, basically.

You can find harm reduction guides to hitting your neck online, it's Googleable, but in lieu of telling you how, please don't and find another way.

Instead, here's a picture of a jugular vein simulator used by veterinarians, because the horse has a jugular that is actually safely hittable, you don't, but notice that they need practice so they don't go around killing horses:

29vdpno.jpg

The idea that it gives a better rush is on par with the idea that a smaller volume gives a better rush on the scale of idiocy.

namnoc said:
Even heard from some idiots that it was romantic to do to your partner because it shows the trust level

What, it's not hot enough to just hit one another anymore? Also heard this same excuse used to justify needle sharing.

^This.

IV users are basically amateur phlebotomists.. It's easy enough to hit yourself but in your neck? Naw.. Too many things could go wrong.

Maybe you could show her this thread.. If that doesn't work then there's nothing you can do.

What everyone else said, basically.

29vdpno.jpg

The idea that it gives a better rush is on par with the idea that a smaller volume gives a better rush on the scale of idiocy.
Agreed! I would use 50 units of water in my shot and my buddy would be like "you are diluting it you won't feel anything". I looked as his work filled with 30 units and I'd say" shut the fuck up, do you now how small of a difference 20 units of water is asshole"? Not to mention it's hitting your blood stream as a liquid I'd think your blood might dilute it,huh!

One time, my idiot "friend" who was my dealer and not actually my friend (as I found out later) persuaded me to do a neck shot - both because of it supposedly being much stronger, and because most of my veins are really hard to hit. He said he'd do it for me, and he knew exactly what he was doing. For something so incredibly dangerous, he pretty much couldn't truly give a shit and was careless; he missed nearly the entire shot, and half my neck went numb and a great big lump had formed close to my carotid artery. When I found out later that night that this scenario very often leads to death if an abscess forms there and completely blocks blood flow to the brain, I almost went to his place to strangle him.

Don't trust people when they tell you things like this are safe - especially if they are addicts or dealers. In my experience, 99.99999999% of dealers are NOT true friends, and care about nothing except money.

EDIT: My advice to every IV user would be that if it gets to the point where you have essentially no choice but to start shooting in the femoral or jugular veins, you need to go get help and quit any way you possibly can. Use methadone, suboxone, or continue to use strong opiates any other way including IM if you absolutely can't live without them. If you have any value left for your life, this is beyond critical.

I got to the point of only being able to hit my neck. It is a bad point to be. Once you get good at it, it no longer worries you. Unfortunately, the getting good at it part is particularly dangerous. I had one infection in my neck, which now is a small scar. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror, I see it, and it is a reminder of how desperate I had gotten. Nobody wants to be desperate.

You are probably not going to get her to stop by just pissing in her ear about it. What you can do is go out and get decent rigs for her. I used 1ml 28gauge. These worked great. Show her some better method. (Ie. Look it up online and show her). I got my infection when I didn't miss. It was from an impurity in the heroin. Make sure she purifies her heroin with a wheel filter.

Basically, what I am saying is chances are you can't get her to stop. She has to come to that conclusion on her own. The only thing you can do is spend about twenty bucks to make it safe for her until she comes to that conclusion. Everyone gets to their "god/buddha/flyingspaghettimonster help me!" moment. Her's just hasn't happened yet, and as a good friend sometimes you have to distance yourself till it happens. You will also have to accept the fact that it may never happen.

Sorry for how you feel, and just know that whatever happens it is not your fault.