Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Near death experience trips

Muzda Jonxx

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So how many of you have had a bona fide near death trip? I shall tell you the story of my one and only, which spelt the end of my disassociative taking career.

This wasn't so long back, in the peak of the UK rc disassociative craze. Not too far before the ban. As such, all the vendors had run out of my fave (diphenidine), so I bought a similar sounding rc instead (perhaps ephenidine, I forget the exact name). I bought 5g, had a kid free weekend, knew the ban was approaching so thought it'd be a good last binge.

The first day I made my way through 2g, and find this new chemical was similar to diphenidine, but nowhere near as trippy. I never felt close to a hole.

Second day, I saved the rest for the evening, then went on an almighty binge with the last 3g. It turned out to be a bit too much.

After finishing it all off, I soon felt that weird 'ice in the veins' feeling I sometimes get when I'm about to hole. And down the hole I went.

It was all good for a bit, but then I started having quite nasty chest pains. In my tripped out state I tried to maintain, but I've never felt anything like it before. I honestly felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack, it was only subsequently that I found out that chest pains aren't uncommon on these chemicals.

So, all of a sudden this thought hit me like a train, 'PEOPLE DIE DOING THESE THINGS'. it was like an entity screamed it at me. The chest pains got more intense, I remember all the colour draining from the room until everything looked blacker than black. I had this vision of hell opening up in front of me, it was a market where every stall was a messed up butchers, blood and meat all over the place.

This went on a short while, I heard the scream of engines and a loathsome woman cackling somewhere from the market. I was just waiting to fall into that market and there I'd be forevermore.

Soon after the chest pains died down, I calmed down a bit and the colour returned to the room. I came out the hole a changed person, never again will I touch an rc.

So yeah - near death trip. I don't know if I was actually in any danger or not, but in that moment I really felt I was done for and the portal to hell had opened to welcome me.

I awoke the next day with tinnitus, but wow did the sun shine bright and warm that day. Not an experience I want to repeat, but one I'm glad to have experienced.

The only thing that has provided a type of experience like this is ketamine. However, when i fully believe i have died on ketamine its not scary or bad and its actually quite nice. When i describe it to people i say "i suddenly found myself in an empty space floating on a soft cushion of air. I couldnt remember my past I had small memory fragments so i could remember "work" and "job" held meaning in my life but i couldnt remember what they meant i knew i was loved deeply but didnt know by who. It was calm with no worries and i remember thinking "i can be here forever" Ketamine also doesnt produce fear as i know its tried and true, an RC hole would probably scare me as its uncharted territory.

I have had the type of experience you speak of on Salvia though.

The only thing that has provided a type of experience like this is ketamine. However, when i fully believe i have died on ketamine its not scary or bad and its actually quite nice. When i describe it to people i say "i suddenly found myself in an empty space floating on a soft cushion of air. I couldnt remember my past I had small memory fragments so i could remember "work" and "job" held meaning in my life but i couldnt remember what they meant i knew i was loved deeply but didnt know by who. It was calm with no worries and i remember thinking "i can be here forever" Ketamine also doesnt produce fear as i know its tried and true, an RC hole would probably scare me as its uncharted territory.

I have had the type of experience you speak of on Salvia though.
To have experienced it calm would have been awesome! Seems be a typically a dissociative thing then. So did you interact with any other living people whilst you were 'dead'?

No the space I was in was my own and there was no one with me. I am use to ketamines landscape being painted by my memories and experiences so like I'll see my future as a scientist or even a TV show or recent movie I watched but the ones where i am dead usually have me in a blank space, where im comfortable but have my memory almost wiped. Sometimes it can be concerning but generally if i take big breathes while im in a K hole it "inflates the space" i appear to be in so it goes from small, dark and scary to huge, bright, and lively but i think ketamine has less of a fear associated with it at least for me.

Now if you mean could i actually interact with living people in that state, not past drooling and making noises showing i am alive... not much for conversation when holing ;)

Very cool Szuko000 and Muzda J, thanks for posting. It is an interest of mine stuff like this.

This would be a fascinating topic. But I would not know where to begin on some numerous experiences I have had and I am sure other people have had. But if this thread grows I may chime in on one of them.

One thing I always found interesting with what I read with near death experiences as well as smoked DMT is the crowd that always seems to be waiting. Whether it is loved ones in a near death experience or elves in a smoked DMT session. How and why are we the guest of honor and how do they all know someone just died or did DMT? :D Crazy. (I know, may have to do with ego and such but who knows)

Whether spiritual or biological, it seems Mother Nature wants us to study consciousness. If we just kept it at a biological level, consciousness separating from the body could very well be in the same "miracle" category as when that first ever cell split in two for the first time. That alone was the miracle of life. How and why are the debated topics. I would not be surprised if that rabbit hole ran very deep. But Nature itself is as spiritual as any other spiritual topic. Looking up at the stars on a clear night is to me a spiritual experience. Objectively spiritual but it is all there to study. Subjective experience is where the rabbit hole widens and topic of conversation (as well as debates) spring from.

Last edited: