• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Nausea induced by pyrovalerones?

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
Has anybody else experienced nausea with this class? I have experience with many stimulants (many amphetamines and cathinones, methylphenidate,two pyrovalerones) but they rarely give me any trouble with nausea unless they're also accompanied by psychedelic or empathogenic effects. I will however receive occasional come up nausea from some amphetamines, namely Adderall, 4-FA, and of course Propylhexedrine. With those it is brief and very bearable.

I have also done Pentedrone and 4-MPD and have experienced mild nausea on the come up but it was quick and possibly unrelated to the drug itself. I'm not sure if its a pyrovalerone but I thought that may be worth mentioning

With Pyrovalerones however there is ALWAYS nausea that lingers. Both my GF and I experience it every time. I am quite experienced with A-PVP, got quite a generous 4 gram sample and the rest is history. Anyways, anytime that I did it I would get nausea, unless I vaped it but for some reason I always feels like it doesn't get me as euphoric as othe ROAs. As for ROAs that I have tried with A-PVP I have tried Oral, Insufflated, and Vaped in that order and oddly enough the worst side effects came in that order too, including the nausea. My GF never dosed more than 10mg oral and doesn't remember if she felt nauseous at all.

That was all about 2 or 3 years ago now and I was still getting occasional hankerin's for the Ol' APVP, so when I noticed there seemed to be a somewhat decent substitute on the market, PV7 or Alpha-PHP. I ordered 2 grams and am pleased that I am experiencing what I had read; 75% the euphoria of APVP with half of the side effects. The main problem is that the nausea, albeit not quite as intense as with APVP, it is still very much there, constant, and distracting. Does anybody else get the unique nausea from pyrovalrones? It feels somewhat like opiate nausea to both my GF and I. I can handle it but its quite distressing for my GF. Any advice on that? She already took a good amount of Etizolam, smoked a lil bit of some bud, took a Prilosec, and took a little bit of Ondansetron that I was able to acquire. I doubt there's much else I'm able to do for her but any advice would be nice.

Back to the original point, does anybody else experience this nausea with pyrovalerones? Any ideas on what may be causing it?

Hmm, interesting. Are the two of you on any medication? Etizolam is actually one of my DOC's for nausea, as the D2 antagonism seems to help a lot coupled with the traditional GABAergic anti-emesis.

I have a little bit of a theory that some of the pyrovalerones may actually be subtype selective dopamine agonists in addition to being reuptake inhibitors, but that's strictly a theory. It would explain the worse nausea though.

I know you're not hungry at all right now but make sure you stay hydrated and keep some protein in your system.

Ondansetron is a great drug too, along with the benzos and a bit of bud I'm surprised you're not feeling better.

More etizolam? Do you have any ginger around?

Do you experience the nausea immediately, or just on the come down?

I'm the only one on any medication and that's just Omeprazole. I wasn't taking that when I had the go around with the A-PVP. She is more tolerant to benzos than I am, I usually take .5mg as needed, sometimes 1mg if I need quick effects. I ended up taking maybe 6mg over the course of the day, I think that she took 10mg over the course of the day. After all of those anti-emetics, I wonder what mechanism of action causes this particular nausea. The nausea isn't too terribly noticeable until you just start coming down. A redoes doesn't stop the nausea, just makes you forget about it for awhile until you start coming down again

We have been eating and staying hydrated. I did a bump just after eating an it made me nauseous. A-PVP and A-PHP have just alway given me nausea and now her, so I wonder how common this is

Last edited:
Hmm, that's quite a bit of etizolam. I usually never take more than 2mg.

What kind of doses of a-PVP are you guys taking?

It was just me with the APVP about 2 years ago. We've been doing APHP which seems to be slightly less potent than APVP. We've been starting off anywhere between 12-20mg insufflated and then continuing with bumps anywhere from 5mg to 27mg (the higher end being towards the end of the session)

Christ, that's probably your issue. As you redose with pyrovalerones, the side effects get worse and worse and the high gets less and less - I know that sounds obvious but it's more true with PVs than any other drug. 30mg is like the SUM TOTAL of a PV binge for me, not each dose, although I'm a smoker.

I know they aren't the most conservative doses. Unfortunately I am really weak when it comes to not redosing. The thing is it doesn't matter if I start off with 5mg or 20mg, it'll make me feel nauseous off the first dose. It's all around a dirty class of chemicals from my experience but I just find it interesting, as unpleasant as it is, that this class seems to cause certain people nausea and some not. I'm just curious as to why that may be. What might cause it

I know this is kinda old but I've been testing a-php(vape)and getting severe nausea. What's the deal???

I know this is an old thread, but I found it because I was looking for some answers to exactly your problem. I have no idea on the "why" behind this, but I'll share my own experience. I insufflated around 10mg shortly after eating (I'd never read anything about nausea as a side effect, so I didn't even consider it). It burned my nose pretty bad and made my eyes water, but that went away fairly quickly. The taste in the back of my throat however nearly made me puke. Then the real nausea kicked in almost right away, even after the taste disappeared, so I know that's not the cause. I would have preferred vaping it as that seems to be the most popular choice, but I put a small amount in a light bulb to test it out and couldn't handle the taste AT ALL. It made my mouth and throat numb, and my lungs felt funny from the itty bitty bit that I actually managed to inhale. It was so foul tasting that I couldn't even finish the vapor, and then I ended up coughing afterward for a good ten minutes. Conclusion: this stuff makes me nauseous too. I'd also love to have an answer about exactly why this is.

Yes, all pyros that I've tried make me quite nauseated. But I only use IV and usually go hard as a mother fucker, doing 50-100 MG shots of php every 20 minutes.....

But as far as why, my best guess is the dopaminergic activity probably confuses the shit out of your cns, which is expecting a boost of serotonin with its stimulants!