• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

nausea / gut rushes

Jimmy491

Greenlighter
I've been rolling for about 7/8 years now on an infrequent basis. The last 18 months / 2 years I've been getting very nauseous when shortly after rolling anything (even very low doses). I used to have a fairly high tolerance. Last friday I took a single pill after a 9 month break and had the same feeling, basically felt like I was going to vomit for a good 30 to 45 minutes.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea as to why this would be? Are my rolling days over? Any ways to avoid it if possible.

Cheers

Getting nauseous while coming up on MDMA (and even while peaking in very high doses, I've puked at the peak on more than a few occasions) is pretty normal. MDMA hits the 5HT3 receptor pretty hard which can make you quite nauseous.

Unfortunately the only treatments that are effective are 5HT3 antagonists like ondansetron which doctors don't usually give out unless its for serious constant nausea (ie., with chemo)

I've heard of ginger being effective at times but found it totally ineffective myself.

The only real way to avoid it is to keep your doses low so as to reduce the impact on 5HT3.

In the past, when I took larger doses and was a more frequent user, I would experience some nausea when I was starting to push it a bit, ie taking too much at once or continued use for awhile.

What I'm experiencing current seems different. Just feel more sick like. Don't really know how to describe it/why it happens.

You're now an infrequent user though. Do you think that its possible that you developed a tolerance to (and forgot about) the nausea you experienced when starting? I sure did. It wasn't until I became an infrequent user that I started remembering how nauseous I got when I started.

Its hard to say what the reasoning is. Pharmacology is complex. But MDMA is known to directly cause nausea through activation of 5-HT3. Its possible that you have more 5-HT3 around these days as well.

Also, you mention that you're taking pills. Caffeine won't show up with a pill test but it definitely contributes to nausea with MDMA.

I recently had to take morphine for an injury. I felt rather nauseous during/after and even puked a couple of times. Wonder if that is related.

When i first started rolling as long as I managed my doses I wouldn't have issues at all. Now, even if I take a half I feel ill. Frustrating!

Morphine can make the best of us puke our brains out lol.

Try the ginger. Worst case scenario, it does nothing.

I'm assuming that you're taking testing clean MDMA pills of course as piperazines are a whole other bag of worms.