Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Nausea and MDMA

breaded

Greenlighter
Hi guys.

I tried pure MDMA for the first time ever last week (tested and everything). It was my second experience with it, though the first time I only split a water bottle of some small amount and got a light buzz. Last weekend me and my friends took .25 each and we fucking rolled. It was absolutely incredible.

However, at one point in the comeup (about 2 hours into the roll) I got super nauseous at the party we were at and dry heaved for about a minute. After that, I felt better than I've ever felt. I looked up some info the next day and found that this was due to the fact that serotonin is processed in the gut, and rolling made my body think it had to puke.

Before I rolled, I also had Chik-fil-a and fries. I don't remember what my friends ate but none of them had nausea like I did.

So my question is - why did this happen? Was it because it was the first time I have ever taken that much? Was it because of the greasy/fatty food I ate? Or was it a biological reaction that I can do nothing about?

We're planning on rolling again in a few weeks for a rave my friend is throwing, what's the best way I can avoid the nausea and have a completely great time?

Thanks!

Few things - if your new to MDMA then .25 is too much to be taking !

Feeling sick on the come up is so common, better to have a light, non greasy meal a few hours prior. Drop and then take it easy for a while, don't drink a lot of anything - just chill and give the MDMA time to settle in. Fizzy anything can make you start to foam at the mouth if your dancing - too much water (especially really cold) will give you the exorcist look (projectile vomit).

Grilled cheese, Toast, chicken - nothing spicy, nothing high fat but something that will make you feel that you have had something to eat.

Few things - if your new to MDMA then .25 is too much to be taking !

Thanks for the info, I keep that all in mind.

But on that, I never really felt overwhelmed aside from the ~10 minutes that I felt sick. Fairly in control the entire time. That being said, I'm comfortable with that amount and probably will take the same next time. Would you recommend toning down the dosage or keeping it consistent now that I know what to expect?

Would you recommend toning down the dosage or keeping it consistent now that I know what to expect?

Are you actually measuring the .25 out? That sure is a hell of a dose to be taking if you're naiive to the drug. Definitely unlikely to induce comfort and control like you report. A much better dose is 100-150mg which will produce all the good effects while minimizing the bad. This would also reduce the nausea so it's a win-win situation. The more you take the more likely you'll get nauseous or anxious during the come-up. So if you want to avoid nausea consider reducing the dosage too.

Are you actually measuring the .25 out? That sure is a hell of a dose to be taking if you're naiive to the drug. Definitely unlikely to induce comfort and control like you report. A much better dose is 100-150mg which will produce all the good effects while minimizing the bad. This would also reduce the nausea so it's a win-win situation. The more you take the more likely you'll get nauseous or anxious during the come-up. So if you want to avoid nausea consider reducing the dosage too.

Maybe I should explain a bit more, and I apologize in advance because I'm not too knowledgeable on MDMA.

We bought a gram of powder, and were originally going to take .2 each since my friend said he wanted to. He later backed out, and we spread out the rest between us. .25 each. We didn't weigh it out aside from when we bought it, we eyeballed the lines. Four lines of .25. One of the lines were split into two for two people.

Is this a fairly high dose? My friend who is experienced usually takes as much, so I assumed it wasn't low dosage but didn't know it was THAT high. I didn't feel any negative effects psychologically, no anxiousness or paranoia. Just that very brief moment of nausea.

Is this a fairly high dose?

The problem is that it's not a dose. Nobody knows how much you actually took since eyeballing is inevitably inaccurate. Based upon your experience it's likely you took less than 250mg because that's a very high dose all at once. Alternatively, since you brought a powder there's every possibility that your MDMA is cut with something inactive meaning 250mg weight isn't actually 250mg of MDMA. Doses nearer to 80-120mg are good for new users of MDMA. Consider that when you next dose.

Alternatively, since you brought a powder there's every possibility that your MDMA is cut with something inactive meaning 250mg weight isn't actually 250mg of MDMA. Doses nearer to 80-120mg are good for new users of MDMA. Consider that when you next dose.

Understandable, but even if we watched the guy take out a tiny bit, test it with his kit, and it turn the right color, would there still be the possibility of it being cut?

I'll keep the dosage in mind for next time.

Understandable, but even if we watched the guy take out a tiny bit, test it with his kit, and it turn the right color, would there still be the possibility of it being cut?

yep. the colour change just tests for the presence of mdma (which is a really important thing to know given today's state of quality).
most batches of mdma are cut with purity normally ranging between around 30-90%. so be careful when dosing a new batch, the current dose that is probably ok for the stuff you've got might be way too much for the next. also keep in mind that the doses we recommend here are for oral use. when snorted you need something like 30-50% less material for an experience of the same intensity (of course with an appropriately shorter duration).

How much time was between your meal and the start of your roll.
I find that if eat close to the roll the food doesn't get digested properly and comes out before the end of the evening.

Even with pure MDMA though you can still get nauseous. I did every single time I took pure (like 95% pure... there is room for some error), tested MDMA. I also was nauseous every time I took untested MDMA (you know, before I discovered BL and realized how important it was). I threw up every single time. And after I threw up, I would feel SO MUCH BETTER.
When doing other types of amphetamines, I feel nauseous but I don't throw up.
It doesn't have to do with eating (I'd have times I'd eat like an hour before and times I wouldn't have eaten for HOURS before) necessarily.

Not sure if anyone said this yet but try to keep yourself from drinking too much water on the come up. I always used to do anxious sips the whole come up till I'm about to get slapped with a stomach full of pill water. Best believe I was yackin.
Now I save my water for when I'm done coming up and haven't puked for the longest time.

Don't do MDMA on a full stomach. Don't starve yourself, but just have a light meal & wait a few hours. Have a shit first too. I think it is usually down to serotonin's action on the gut rather than any impure material, but the discomfort isn't so bad if you haven't just eaten a lot of greasy food.