Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Natural psychadelics used to cure opiate addiction

nash__

Bluelighter
Do you believe this is possible?

I've ingested mushies on several occasions (in mild methadone withdrawal), and I was able to hold off dosing for days before..

Has anyone ever had any experience with quitting opiates using psychadelics?

Last edited by a moderator:
tripping whilst experiencing opiate withdrawal?
ouch!
sounds like a brutal, hellish trip to me. i can't imagine anything worse than tripping in WDs.

i'd do some research on ibogaine if i were you. it's a controversial 'cure', but some people swear by it.
i think that psychedelics can absolutely help give people the perspective and the inspiration to kick their habits, but i don't know if there is any sort of miracle cure there - just another use of psychedelics' incredible introspection.

^ you couldn't be more wrong. i too have tripped during opiate withdrawal (coming off Suboxone after 3 years and eating LSD 2 days into the withdrawal) and found that not only do my opiate WD symptoms go unnoticed, but i also do not have to take any opiates for nearly 2-3 days after until the WD symptoms come back. granted, i have only experimented with LSD in this manner, which may be why it works for days afterwards.

one thing is for sure, your psychedelic trip will NOT cure you. only you will cure you. LSD or other psychedelics may enhance your motivation to quit using and abstain, but the hard part is actually doing so, and that is up to your will power. good luck! i'm on day #18 of my suboxone withdrawal...

^ were you in acute withdrawals? or were you past the physically painful bit?
of course psychedelics can help with PAWS, but that's not what i was referring to.

edit - kinda curious what you mean by "you couldn't be more wrong", especially when the second paragraph of both our posts is saying the same thing.

^ I think he's referring to the first paragraph. Though I can't say whether either of you are right or wrong - I suspect it's both a personal thing, and dependent on the quality of the psychedelic, the particular psychedelic used, and the severity of withdrawal symptoms.

Just as you can lead a man to water, but can't make him drink, psychedelics can bring about realisations, but they will not do the work for you - that's your job. If you already know you need to quit, you'll do it with or without psychedelics, but that said, they could ease the process and give you more confidence about your decision :)

yeah, i agree - it is a subjective personal thing.
for me, opiate withdrawals consist of a lot of physical discomfort, especially gastrointestinal. as psychedelics heighten sensory perception and have potential for a great deal of discomfort i personally would avoid them. especially mushrooms.
but...i guess i don't really know much about 'mild withdrawals' - everything i've experienced in that regard has been far from mild. perhaps we are talking about different things.
i think that early-stage withdrawals, acute withdrawals and post-acute withdrawals are all different things which relate differently to the topic.
i think if there was a sure-fire "cure" for opiate addiction, mankind probably would've found it by now. there is relief from withdrawals, there are ways to manage withdrawals, but i don't think there is any easy way out, unfortunately.

Yes I have experience with this.. My first LSD trip changed the way I view my drug use forever, I had been trying to switch back from opiates to weed as a young kid but was failing, tried some LSD on a random whim and was able to quit cold turkey. I've relapsed twice but never gone bac to using every day. Its been 4 years IIRC..

Now I've told friends about this and they have tried, only to go back to using a few days later. Psychedelics wont do it for you but they can certainly motivate you to be more dilligent in removing the poison from your life.

i was just referring to the fact that spacejunk was implying that a psychedelic trip would be hellish during an opiate withdrawal. and yes, it's different for everybody.

like i said above, i was 2 days into my WD, meaning i was in the physical stage of WD, when i ingested a hefty dose of LSD.

i have found that short-term benzo use, LSD, MXE/ketamine/PCP, and exercise work best for reducing the amount of physical discomfort during opiate WD, whether the WD be mild, medium, or severe. but like someone said above, you can only lead a man to the water.

There is supposed to be a plant that grows in the forests of Thailand that cures heroin addiction, funnily enough it's one of the most illegal plants in that country and virtually impossible to get hold of, but I have come across people talking about it a few times over the years, I have no idea what plant it is and have always been interested in finding out more info about it.

Anyone heard of it ?

Webbykevin Please PM me so I know youre getting my messages. Thanks :)

There is supposed to be a plant that grows in the forests of Thailand that cures heroin addiction, funnily enough it's one of the most illegal plants in that country and virtually impossible to get hold of, but I have come across people talking about it a few times over the years, I have no idea what plant it is and have always been interested in finding out more info about it.

Anyone heard of it ?
I think the plant you are referring to is kratom.
Look it up, there is plenty info around.

There's a natural hallucinagin called ibagane or how ever u spell it, u can even take it while having taken ur dose that day the only thing is the legality is iffy u need a doctor's to come cure u but it 100% works on methadone Suboxone and any other opiate
There are some risks tho that's why u need a "trip sitter" which is the doctore

There's a natural hallucinagin called ibagane or how ever u spell it, u can even take it while having taken ur dose that day the only thing is the legality is iffy u need a doctor's to come cure u but it 100% works on methadone Suboxone and any other opiate
There are some risks tho that's why u need a "trip sitter" which is the doctore
I've known almost a dozen people and only one failed and that's cause he had adverse effects like if u eat it's super easy to choke my bud was on 120 methadone and quit like it was nothing. It's just to bad u need a doc to administer it, and it has to be a certain type.of doctor that deals in only that druv ur family doc won't work
U might be able to ask ur doctore about it though, I can't stress it if ur rock bottom and dont mind the minor risk (the dr takes food care of you I almost did it to except I managed to get down to only 0.5mg Suboxone one day and 1mg the next day lower then the lowest pill they make so I dont think I need it
On the off chance I have to go without I'm good for 2-3 days before I start gettin bad
Again it's called ibagane

Kratom is an opiate though...and I wouldn't believe in any miracle cures.
Ibagane is this miracle cure u think dont exists but u need a specifically licensed doctore to trip sit cause there are minor risks seriously everyone I've personally seen use it was clean within 3-6 days tops it works and I mean they were on 120mg of methadone or more the highest was 130 twice a day so 260 which to me is just bo kees u shouldn't need that much the methadone docs have no intention of gettin u clean cause it's all money in their poket

It's ibagane it is the closest to a miracle cure my bud was on 130 mg methadone twice a day and was completely withdrawal free after 5 or 6 days but u need a specifically licensed doctor to administrate it cause it's legality is iffy

Btw the absolute worst drug to take while withdrawal ING is meth or coke, coke isn't as bad but meth is terrible made my body twitch hardcore and didn't distract my wd one bit it made it from bad to complete hell and that saying someone cause with in general is complete hel