• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Natural benzo options

VonnegutJunky

Greenlighter
I am taking 10mg of Paxil - it's not working like it used to- I'm having breakthrough anxiety and panic- can anyone suggest an otc that can help?

I've started meopause and ended up with akathisia on 20mg of Paxil - switching to a new med is not an option right now as I am not making the cytochromes to break down the meds like I used to - so I have to reduce my antidepressant - which used to work -' and find something else - I don't want to take a benzo- they are too addictive and lose effectiveness quickly over time and they create increased depression -

Thanks for any suggestions

Only 3 posts since September of 2015 huh? Hmm Interesting lol.

anyway, I suffer from severe anxiety myself yet I also take benzos for recreation so I always run out of my script early and can't refill with my doc too easily.

If you can find a tea called "Yogi Kava Stress Relieve" (I hope I'm not violating any rules since this IS just an over the counter herbal tea, not even PST) at your local grocery store I would get that. But don't only use one tea bag. If you want the effectiveness of a benzo without taking benzos use about 4-8 teabags in one cup and squeeze the teabag to get ALL of the tea out of each bag. I take 1-2mg of xanax for my severe panic attacks (that's just my therapeutic dose) and this tea has been a life saver.

I wish you the best of luck. If you like that tea and think it works well I would suggest looking into ordering Kava Kava Extract from an online vendor (almost impossible to find in brick-and-mortar stores). It's all natural, doesn't even really get you "high" so addiction risk is extremely low and is a GOD SEND for people like me.

Good Luck!
-MF4M

smoke weed til you pass the fuck out. smoke heavy indica over and over again

Vonnegut, do you have any experience with other medications that have helped you in the past? If Akathisia/RLS is your primary concern, the Gabapentinoids are typically very effective for this purpose. These would include Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut (OTC) among a few other, less common ones.

smoke weed til you pass the fuck out. smoke heavy indica over and over again
In my experience weed gives me more anxiety unfortunately. i like weed on certain occasions and the body high is amazing, but it can make me really paranoid and mentally anxious.

For natural remedies you should try:

L-Theanine: Naturally found in green tea. 200-400mg helps me take an edge off stimulants and easy tension and anxiety.

Valerian Root Capsules: Supposedly affects GABA similar to benzos. Higher doses can be relaxing in combination with other natural anxyolitics

Kava tea or extract: This remedy is also supposed to work on GABA similarly to benzos. I only have experience with Kava in tea bags and it can be somewhat relaxing, even more so than valerian root.

Kratom: I read that people commonly use it for anxiety and relaxation, but it can be somewhat stimulating too. I recently tried some of the most sedating strains (Bali Gold) and its definitely smooth and relaxing.

G-dan covered every natural or non-prescribed option I can think of. Smoking weed does not help anxiety for me either. OP, has your doctor suggested any other medications like Zoloft or Lexapro?

I like 1-2 mg per kg or 120 to 240 mg of l theanine with 10 mg/kg 1200 mg of egcg with 4-8 mg of nicotine buccally/sublingually. however i am a daily stimulant user and im not convinced it is antianxiety per say but mixing the dry mouth and some of general health benefits of the green tea leaves and a distracting taste

You mention akinesia is it possible you just went up too fast on the meds in short term ssris can increase anxiety and feeling of inner restlessness because it first increases activity at certain receptors before they down regulate that may be overexpressed inpeople with depression and anxiety esp in ones who attempt and even more so attempt and complete suicide.

Thanks for the feedback.... and yes I agree with you. I was a heavy weed smoker for pain about 6 years ago. The strains today are so damn strong its a crap shoot. Yes, a lot of trips tend to have a lot of anxiety because the strain is too high in the 30% range of THC...good weed high should be around 13% to 15%-18%. I bought some edibles to use for pain, and thats another crap shoot. May have a good trip or one in hell smh so I have left the edibles alone.

In my experience weed gives me more anxiety unfortunately. i like weed on certain occasions and the body high is amazing, but it can make me really paranoid and mentally anxious.

For natural remedies you should try:

L-Theanine: Naturally found in green tea. 200-400mg helps me take an edge off stimulants and easy tension and anxiety.

Valerian Root Capsules: Supposedly affects GABA similar to benzos. Higher doses can be relaxing in combination with other natural anxyolitics

Kava tea or extract: This remedy is also supposed to work on GABA similarly to benzos. I only have experience with Kava in tea bags and it can be somewhat relaxing, even more so than valerian root.

Kratom: I read that people commonly use it for anxiety and relaxation, but it can be somewhat stimulating too. I recently tried some of the most sedating strains (Bali Gold) and its definitely smooth and relaxing.