• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Narcos 10mg and irritability

Nini101

Greenlighter
I'm prescribed Norco 10mg, for the first 30 min to an hour I'm fine, but after that I find myself to be extremely irritable. Does anybody else suffer from this or have an explanation as to why this happens?

I don't know the reason why this happens. It's not uncommon for people to feel irritable on opiates, especially when coming down. But you're getting this way right after taking it? I used to get pretty impatient when I took too much oxycodone.

The classic saying is "bitchy and itchy". Sometimes the H would put me in an unspeakable rage. Just part of the opiate game IMO.

Yep !! I know exactly what you're talking about and it happened to me with hydrocodone mainly , when my friends and I were opiate naive abusing codeine oxy hydrocodone etc here and there we'd have what we called each other "opiate rage/opiate raging" which was what everyone did coming off at first we'd be pissy I look at it as a form of baby withdrawals like drinking and waking up with a hangover even though you didn't drink for months

If its occuring during the effects it could be that by the opiates interacting with gaba receptors (which makes most people calmer) its making you more angry due to a decrease ability to to inhibit angry impulses because sober when you think "hey this guy cutt me of what a wanker I should flip him off" the higher parts of your can go "yes hes a wanker but I shouldnt flip him off because I might cause an accident" and inhibit that impulse.

It's a pretty common side-effect and is definitely not unheard of. It varies from person to person, but I had a roommate who could fly into rages over trival matters while under the influence, while I find that I can be easily annoyed by people when I'm high, but generally, don't get angry.

I like "bitchy and itchy". Can we get that on a plaque please?