• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Naproxen itchy coo park

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
So ok last night I taken the dogs for a moderate walk but feel a dull ache in my left foot. I thought that it was inflammation which could lead to gout. So when I get home I take a naproxen 500mg an hope it takes away the ache. But about an HR later I notice both my hands are itching sort of tingling so I was them an put hand sanitizer on them but instead of soothing them it doesn't do anything. An by now it's spreading to my upper arms shoulder chest an legs..I look in the mirror an see my eyes are red raw. Anyway I had these prescribed in 2016 for gout an at that time I had no problems. An like I say these were left overs expired in 2018 so why would they suddenly cause me to itch all over? When before when I had them I was fine..can anybody more knowledgeable about these sort of things shed some light on it. Why would I suddenly become allergic to them yet in the past this wasn't an issue. Much love an peace an stay safe

Sounds like an allergic reaction. Being out of date usually causes a drug to be less potent.
Did you touch anything on your walk? Any plants? You’ve not got hay fever?

I wouldn’t take the Out of date naproxen Again though. If your symptoms are getting worse I’d be contacting a medical professional too.

No neve touched any plants btw I even grow plants in the greenhouse so it's unlikely plant related. What I can't understand is why should I suddenly develop an allergy too them now. I was fine on them before 🤔

No neve touched any plants btw I even grow plants in the greenhouse so it's unlikely plant related. What I can't understand is why should I suddenly develop an allergy too them now. I was fine on them before 🤔
Could be the fact they are years out of date. I wouldn’t take them again. Bin them.

Well I've taken benzo's and opiates 6/7 yes out of date although perhaps abit weaker from loss of potency they are tip top no adverse reactions to those. Unless something like naproxen becomes unstable an there for can increase the risk of an allergy