• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Naphthylethylamine

(zonk)

Bluelighter
When looking into methamphetamine cuts and how to identify their effects an idea came to me and when I searched it a site that specializes in providing cuts actually stocked this, (but in another , not with cuts section ). My question of course is obviously what effects would it have to offer in regards to SAR speculation?

Structure

1-(1-Naphthyl)ethylamine

It's sort of a hybrid of amphetamine and isopropylbenzylamine and I guess naphthylaminopropane if you want to take it there...

When looking into methamphetamine cuts and how to identify their effects an idea came to me and when I searched it a site that specializes in providing cuts actually stocked this, (but in another , not with cuts section ). My question of course is obviously what effects would it have to offer in regards to SAR speculation?
Doesn't look promising. Swisstargetprediction.ch bears this out. It is probably a cut because it has similar physical properties to MA (I'm assuming here) making the drug appear desirable or even pass some types of tests (speculating again.) As to pharmacological activity I'm betting very little to nothing and if anything at all not desirable

Care to elaborate as why? It's amphetamine with a 2nd beta substitution which I think it optimal at 3 carbons but 4 might not be half bad, I don't know how it being attached at the 2 or more like 6 position would change things but this is all based on my understandings which are only surmised from what I've seen and not solid sar study

Care to elaborate as why?
who knows? maybe the extra carbon chain prevents a specific conformation that is required for effective stimulant action, maybe the fact that it's a conjugated system somehow fucks it up, you should try swisstargetprediction with the second benzene ring being a cyclohexane, but even then, who knows.

Can't remember the name of the paper's author, but it's his Ph.D. thesis on dopamine and the DAT receptor, that explains the distance required between the aromatic ring and the amino nitrogen, for a compound to fit into the receptor...