TDS NAMI Support Groups

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Hey folks, another thing, I discovered a pretty cool resource through my last trek through the psych ward/behavioral health unit.

That is, NAMI has peer support groups that are widely available. If you've ever tried to do 12 step meetings, and couldn't quite jive with them, if you have a mental illness and would like a support group, these might be a good idea for you to try.

A lot of them are on zoom and prevalent enough. Even if there isn't one in your area you can pretty much just go to any. Just go to the main NAMI website, and then find your local chapter website from there, and then you should be able to find a zoom link and time there.

If you'd be interested in joining in a meeting I'm doing specifically, you can always hit me up and I'll get you the link. @D's and I did one tonight, I've done a couple now and I really enjoy it. It's a lot more open and less restrictive than 12 step meetings. I am planning on doing some volunteer work with NAMI as well.

Anyway, just a thought, figured I'd mention. Hopefully someone takes advantage of this resource and finds some help or meets someone new.