• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naltrexone - info required please

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I wondered what would happen to someone like me, with a tolerance of, say 60mg oxy equivalent, in opiods, who has never had a physical opiate addiction, what would a dose of naltrexone do to me?

I tend to only use opiates for three days then I have opiate free days for a few days and 3 more opiate days, and this is how I've been using recently. I had the equivalent of 60mg oxy for three days this week.
I think I am not in physical dependence of opoids, because, the next day, I snorted 2mg subutex. This did not precipitate a withdrawal.

At 2mg, would this have been insufficient dose of subutex to precipitate a withdrawal, because I heard that it has to be over about 8mg before it acts as an antagonist?

I did another 3mg subutex today, about 14hours ago, and am not feeling any withdrawals of either the oxy or the subutex.
I won't bother with either drug tomorrow, will I feel any withdrawals from the oxy or subby?

Many thanks

You don't say why you want to take naltrexone. However, someone taking 60mg of oxycodone as a single dose is almost certainly tolerant to it and therefore some degree of physical dependence is present. 60mg of oxy for three days in one week is basically every other day, so it may be that you're simply not going without the oxy long enough (for you) to go into a withdrawal severe enough for you to notice, or maybe not at all. Everyone is different. Just because you didn't react to subutex with precipitated withdrawal symptoms proves nothing. Not everyone reacts this way, especially if you waited 24 plus hours to take the subutex. 2mg is a significant dose -- if that didn't cause a precipitation, likely a higher dose won't either. But again, everyone is different. To answer the question I think you are asking -- the only way to know if you're going to have withdrawal symptoms from the oxy is to stop taking it completely for at LEAST 48-72 hours. I expect you WILL have symptoms then as 60mg of oxy is quite a significant dose. Also, a dose of naltrexone, if high enough, would likely toss you into instant withdrawal. I wouldn't try it.