• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Naltrexone after using whilst NOT physically dependant

healthyharold101

Greenlighter
Hey guys, Ive beenon the vivitrol shot and have reached day 30. I am planning to get naltrexone implant in about a week and a halfs time, in the meantime I have oral naltrexone pills to carry me over until then (25 mg pill was taken about 48 hours ago). I have decided I would like one last taste before committing to long term opiate abstinence. I only smoke, and am aware of the overdose risks when using after coming off naltrexone, so I will be starting very small and not be pushing it if I am still getting blockade effects from the naltrexone. My question is, as I am not physically dependent on opiates currently and will only be using ONCE (finishing the bag in one sitting, or as much as I think I need and throwing the rest away), is it still necessary to wait the recommended 7-10 days before commencing naltrexone pills? Does anyone have experience with this? I have read many conflicting experiences on this website so I am looking for a definitive answer.

I am aware this is a harm reduction site and will have a sitter with me with naloxone at the ready, just in case anything goes wrong, but I have made up my mind about using once more before resuming naltrexone treatment, so I would appreciate if we could stay on topic of the question as opposed to 'it isn't worth the one hit'. Thanks in advance
:)

Anyone? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I was thinking of even dissolving a 50 mg naltrexone pill into water and separating it into 1mg/1ml, and having 1 mg every 45 mins or so just to err on the side of caution in terms of avoiding precipitated withdrawals. I think if I can make it up to 5-10mgs without too much discomfort then I should be fine. If I start to feel myself going into withdrawal I will obviously stop taking the naltrexone and try again a day or two later. Thoughts?