European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Naloxone in the UK.

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
If abusing and you're mixing multiple opioids (morphine, Tramadol, codeine, Dihydrocodeine, ect), and you've only just stopped being 'opiate naive', would it be a good a idea to have a naloxone shot with you to give to someone to give you just incase you accidentally take too much?

I never stick to one dose. One day I could just take 20mg morphine with 250mg Tramadol, with 300mg codeine, with 400mg Dihydrocodeine.... And the next I could be taking 100mg morphine, with 100mg Tramadol and 180mg dihydrocodeine and 60mg codeine. So my doses are all over the place - how much I take depends on how I feel as I use them to cope.

And even though I've only just stopped being opioid naive... I mix those opioids with Valium, gabapentin, promethazine, doxylamine, ect... Again I've only just stopped being benzo naive as well. I'm prescribed 2mg diazepam for emergencies, but I can swallow 50mg now mixed with random doses of opioids.

I have a mental health disorder which makes me implusive.

I know there are many risks involved in all of this, so that's why I'm asking is there anyway I can get hold of naloxone?

Would a GP give it to me? I live in the UK. It's annoying because I know I'm some states in America you can actually buy it OTC.

If you're using large amounts of opiates, then having a naloxone shot ready to use is never a bad idea, especially if you're impulsive! It's like a gun, it's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it. Just make sure your friend that is responsible for administering it, knows how and when to use it. I've seen people get stuck with it, while they were nodding off, no where near od. Also it is one of the worst feelings imaginable, going from blissful nods, to abruptly waking up to the worst withdrawals you've ever endured! So make sure your friend knows the exact signs of an od, you don't want them guessing...

I don't know how you can obtain it in the uk, but you're misinformed about the US, there are no states that have it available otc, it's prescription only.

- SS373dOH Soul

If you're using large amounts of opiates, then having a naloxone shot ready to use is never a bad idea, especially if you're impulsive! It's like a gun, it's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it. Just make sure your friend that is responsible for administering it, knows how and when to use it. I've seen people get stuck with it, while they were nodding off, no where near od. Also it is one of the worst feelings imaginable, going from blissful nods, to abruptly waking up to the worst withdrawals you've ever endured! So make sure your friend knows the exact signs of an od, you don't want them guessing...

I don't know how you can obtain it in the uk, but you're misinformed about the US, there are no states that have it available otc, it's prescription only.

- SS373dOH Soul

Yes, because I'm using random dosages and taking a cocktail of different opioids, I'm thinking I really shook have naloxone on stand-by.

I've read multiple times that they're making Naloxone an OTC drug in America.

"CVS will make the opioid overdose reversal drug naloxone available over the counter and without a prescription in Louisiana and in six other states, the company announced this morning.

Of the seven additional states in which CVS will offer the drug—it already does so in 23 states—Louisiana will be the second to get it. Naloxone will be available here in early June. Other states included in the expansion are New Mexico, Florida, Colorado, Idaho, Oregon and Washington."

https://www.businessreport.com/arti...rug-reverse-opioid-overdose-counter-louisiana

You might be able to obtain naloxone from your local drug support services; but they don't give it out everywhere, so it's a bit of a game of postcode bingo.

Absolutely do not let anyone give you naloxone if you are not actually overdosing, though. You will go suddenly from gouched-out bliss to the depths of withdrawal. It's better than dying, but only just.