• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Naloxone in the UK where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the pharmacy, if you explain the reasons why etc they most of the time deliver.

At the pharmacy, if you explain the reasons why etc they most of the time deliver.

I asked at my local needle exchange and they said that they can't dispense it. I would have to either go to my GP or a Rehab Clinic. I don't wan't my GP to know any I certainly don't want to have to go to rehab sessions.

Maybe you know someone who's been to rehab? I believe it's also available on the dark net. If you have a friend from the USA willing to mail it to you they cab pick it up at any pharmacy.

You could probably go to an urgent care ask a random doctor.... Not er (A&E?), but someone you did see instead of your primary care or during transition periods. Maybe even just say you have a friend who refuses to be safe while using and they won't admit it when you hang out, but they are always nodding out and you want narcan on hand in case one day it's not enough even if after his lips turn blue your rescue breathing* and calling the ambulance they still can not be revived while they might have if you had narcan on hand. Due to confidentiality issues I'm sure your doctor deals with just like doctors due here they can't share the issue unless they are in immediate danger, which would be such a stretch without names they will likely not do anything.

I can't say for sure so don't take my advice as guaranteed you will not run into any legal issues as definitely it will likely be considered an issue if found in your mail. Nor if any of my advice on prescribing information is correct. I think this is really as much information here with sourcing and prescribing advice rules here that exist, but I think you can figure something out.

*rescue breathing: unless they have a infectious disease or virus take a paper towel with a hole poked to prevent contact, but allow you to inhale air then close their nose and exhale into them, repeat as long as possible until doctor comes and declares as they just aren't breathing, but if it's done for them brain activity can continue if the body gets enough oxygen exchange in the manner like for without the chest compression as that would force out air)

My drug service provider provides them to known service users on request. As they are non abusable most major harm reduction services (needle exchanges and pharmacies that engage with the same) should be dishing them out with little to no questions asked (they are as vital as clean drug paraphernalia condoms with regards to wider public health protection) but budgets for these areas are being slashed to dangerous proportions at present so this may make things more difficult despite the extremely cheap unit cost (I have a 'Prenoxad' 1mg /1ml IM product for which manufacturers charge less than 50 pence a pop for - Naloxone is a very old, widely used and extremely cheap drug to produce with potential benefits that are quite literally, priceless.)

If you know anyone that has a doctor that they're open about their drug use with, you could ask them to try to get you some. If by any chance you happen to go on vacation or a business trip or something to another country, try to get some there. If you know anyone that lives in another country and is visiting the UK, you could ask them to bring you some. Chances are your dealer doesn't have access to naloxone, but i mean there's no harm in asking.

I'm in the uk, you go to the addiction services, not rehab. You can refer yourself and if you tell them not to write to your gp they wont. Find your local nhs website for how to contact them.

You can refer yourself and if you tell them not to write to your gp they wont. Find your local nhs website for how to contact them.

Statutory drug and alcohol services in the UK are obliged to contact your G.P. if you present to them so that any treatment they may provide is not contra - indicated by any you are receiving from your G.P., or vice - versa.

Voluntary organisations (those that only provide support and do not prescribe) can be approached in total confidence and some may offer naloxone if well funded.

you could tell your GP that you need the naloxone as you live with an opiate user; be they a relative or friend
i don't think that's super ​dishonest..

Sourcing discussions are technically against the rules. It looks like you got some feedback. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.