• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc NaGHB (Sodium Oxybate) vs KGHB (Potassium Oxybate)

StarPanther

Greenlighter
I've been a GHB user for 3 years now. I'll occasionally binge over a weekend for approximately 3 days, taking GHB every 3-4 hours at 3g each time. I write down when I take it to keep track of the time and dose. At this rate, I usually consume 50-60g over the course of 3 days.

I notice that by the end of a session, my skin feels very saggy, and my body is bloated. I feel disgusting actually. From what I've read NaGHB, is 18% pure salt, so I'm consuming quite a bit of salt which might explain the bloating. Although I haven't personally tried it yet, I recently discovered KGHB which is potassium based, and wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with it, and could compare it to GHB. I'd really like to get away from the high salt content of GHB, and if KGHB works just as well, then it seems like a better choice.

Thanks for any help.

High levels of K are not healthy either. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

I've been a frequent naGHB user for years and you NEED to make sure to drink tons of water...Most people mix G with stimulants which only exacerbates the issue....I get it in liquid form and dose 6-8ml every few hours.

Thanks for the responses. I am careful to drink plenty of water, so I don't think dehydration is an issue with me. I plan on trying the KGHB 2 weekends from now. I'll report back what I experience.

Potassium salt probably isn't going to be better than sodium. You need to cut down on your intake or drink more water.

Both sodium and potassium become toxic at higher doses, but your body can pretty easily excrete excess in the urine. Bolus administration of potassium is actually used to induce cardiac arrest during lethal injections. People don't often talk about potassium toxicity problems because unlike sodium, most people actually have a mild potassium deficiency.

Why dont you use buy potassium chloride salt at the grocery store and just take a tiny amount to keep it balanced.

Why dont you use buy potassium chloride salt at the grocery store and just take a tiny amount to keep it balanced.

Taking more KCl won't offset the potential harm of taking too much NaCl. It is important to maintain a balance, but iirc, it will worsen the osmotic stress you're putting on cells throughout your body.

Why not use both? That way your intake of each is essentially reduced unless you increase your dose. Like people said drink more water.

Isnt say naghb is 20% na even 60 grams over three days

60/3=20
20/(0.2)=4

4 g of sodium is possible with a heaping table spoon of baking soda.

I think the over 50 grams of ghb is the elephant in the room more likely to make someone feel like crap.

Imo it sounds almost like drinking a 24 pack of beer everyday fri sat and sunday and blaming the sugar as the reason on monday you feel so horrid

I cant think of much of anything you can take that much of without feeling sick.

Isnt say naghb is 20% na even 60 grams over three days

60/3=20
20/(0.2)=4

4 g of sodium is possible with a heaping table spoon of baking soda.

I think the over 50 grams of ghb is the elephant in the room more likely to make someone feel like crap.

Imo it sounds almost like drinking a 24 pack of beer everyday fri sat and sunday and blaming the sugar as the reason on monday you feel so horrid

I cant think of much of anything you can take that much of without feeling sick.

I agree. The GHB consumption is much more concerning

Thanks again everyone for all the info. I guess in the end, binging on G as long as I do over that many days is the real issue. I'll try to dial it back, and drink more water. On my next adventure, I'm going to write down exactly how much water I consume. Maybe I think I'm drinking enough when I'm really not.