Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

N,N-EPT - 60mg (second time rectally) - Gentle Joy

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
N,N-EPT - 60mg (second time rectally)

Full stomach, no tolerance. Two extra strength acetominophen, two ibuprofen, and ~300-400mg of kratom (which may have blunted my experience some.) Ashwagandha

I spent the last two weeks on vacation, but ended up doing a bunch of caregiving for a friend pre- and post-surgery. I ended up pretty drained, with the cold I'd been fighting catching up with me. It was pretty mild, but after I got over it, I found that I was still really drained for the next five days. My friend wanted to set aside some time for intimacy, as I'd been sick just before I left and it'd been ages, but I was reluctant to take anything taxing. I settled on the idea of 60mg of rectal EPT plus a 5-10mg 2C-D booster if I needed it (I didn't.) This ended up being perfect, as I felt restored and repaired by the experience during and that carried through much of the following day, allowing me to catch up on all the stuff I had been neglecting due to fatigue.

5:45 - Dosed
6:00 - Onset

Steady climb from here. Immediately pleasant. Felt good in the body. Not taxing. Made me feel positive emotionally. No real eroticism. I had some nitrous, which blunted my pleasurable emotional and physical elements while ramping up the psychedelia. Not recommended. Easygoing ++.

7:00 - Hungry! Noodle soup was not enough for dinner!

Experience vacillated between rich, highly detailed pastel imagery starting to form behind closed eyes to them fading into muddy nothing. I feel (like most base tryptamines) like this is on the cusp of going somewhere rich and magical, but never being realized. I can't tell if that's just a feature of the drug, one that some people like Kaleida have the right receptor morphology or liver enzyme phenotype fluke to be able to enjoy, or if I'm just dosing too low, or if I should add in a reversible inhibitor of MAO. This was a 50% increase to my last rectal dose, and it was great fun and where I wanted to be for my condition. I would repeat, but I could also be happy taking at least 20mg more. I think I would have had been better able to evaluate the character of the experience if I hadn't muddied the sensuality with nitrous and potentially kratom. Now that I know, I'll explore it solo next time or in combination with 2C-D as I so favorably reported on my first trial

9:00 - Fading a lot

10:00 - Down. Tonight, I think I can sleep. I doubt I could normally. I take a benzo anyway to be sure. Slept soundly.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_ept
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_rectal

with the recent fucked up stuff with the famous RC lab... now it's very difficult to find rarities like this, base tryptamines and not so well known tryptamines, sad to be honest.
I thought for a while that I should have bought some when available... (you all know me, I guess: I'm not asking for sourcing!!)
What is your favourite base tryptamine apart from DMT?
I've heard good things about DET and MET and it seems that DIPT can be interesting because of the audio wrecking

Thanks for the report! Despite being available for a long time, there aren't many reports on base EPT (or really any of the EPTs, compared to some of the others).

I have only tried 4-HO-EPT, of the EPT family. I found it to be unique, thought provoking, quite physical and there was a lot of energy that was focused inward in a way that felt a lot like anxiety, but wasn't anxiety.

Is it much more gentle than DPT? DPT, on it's own (without my ketamine cushion) can be fucking scary. I wrote a trip report about a hefty dose of DPT & ketamine (The Purple Passion Prose of the Propyl Product - a tale of madness, Jimi Hendrix & Cadbury's milk chocolate. Even the title of the trip report has an air of alliteration based insanity!)

In my body, EPT is close to being the mildest psychedelic that still qualifies as being a psychedelic. It's not even in the same universe as DPT when dosed at the same level.

I've used EPT vaporized pretty frequently in the past and quite enjoy it even though it's barely strong enough to cause visuals. Like N,N-MET, it gives me the same vibe as the 4-HO/AcO subs, hinting at an even richer experience, but it never ever gets off the ground.

For me, the EPTs have this disso like fake dream pop pastel positivity, where everything is going to be alright. They're mildly euphoric, stimulating (sometimes annoyingly so,) upbeat, pro-sexual, and feel great in the body (like mescaline does, but in an entirely different way.)

Thanks for the report. :) I love reading about EPT. Honestly though, of all the psychedelics I’ve tried, EPT strikes me as one of the least surprising for not mixing will with nitrous oxide. I think it’s almost, like… too normal to even feel like a synergy can occur? Almost like I would just expect it to feel like a nitrous oxide experience alone that just distracts from the EPT for a minute.

I’ll be interested to see the results if you do try a higher dosage too. EPT comes together nicely when it does, although I also wouldn’t honestly expect too much. There still hasn’t actually been that much to the trip for me even at full strength, but it is fun.

Is it much more gentle than DPT? DPT, on it's own (without my ketamine cushion) can be fucking scary. I wrote a trip report about a hefty dose of DPT & ketamine (The Purple Passion Prose of the Propyl Product - a tale of madness, Jimi Hendrix & Cadbury's milk chocolate. Even the title of the trip report has an air of alliteration based insanity!)

I have referred to EPT as ‘psychedelic candy’ before. I’ve literally smoked it while waiting to fall asleep in bed before just for the fun of it. Note that (as the trip report explicitly states) I also respond very readily to base tryptamines, that time I smoked it in bed my whole bedroom was twisting into a electric jungle hallucination around me. I still calmly drifted off before too long, I think….

I personally do not mind the ‘dark’ aspect of DPT at all, but it notably hasn’t been present in EPT at all for me as of yet. At most it seems sort of ‘wild’ but more familiar still, not unlike 5-MeO-MiPT for me.

Almost like I would just expect it to feel like a nitrous oxide experience alone that just distracts from the EPT for a minute.
Yeah, that tracks and pretty much describes how it felt for me.
have referred to EPT as ‘psychedelic candy’ before. I’ve literally smoked it while waiting to fall asleep in bed before just for the fun of it.
Agreed, but I'm surprised that you could go to sleep on it! The headspace is pretty short for me, but it has a tail that will keep me awake for quite some time. I hear the same about MPT, which is why I never get around to trying it.

Agreed, but I'm surprised that you could go to sleep on it! The headspace is pretty short for me, but it has a tail that will keep me awake for quite some time. I hear the same about MPT, which is why I never get around to trying it.

I'm a freak when it comes to sleeping on psychedelics. I had to force myself to sleep through an LSD trip once and it's been easy ever since. I don't even adjust my sleeping schedule in any way whatsoever when I take DOx drugs.

Part of why I like smoking base tryptamines in the morning though is because when I'm more awake, the lingering energy makes me feel high for basically the entire rest of the day. The trade off though is that the thing they suffer from more than anything is a lack of darkness. I usually don't smoke them before bed but with the EPT it made for a nice experience.