• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

N-IsoPropyl-Amphetamine

c0rt3x

Bluelighter
Any one thought about N-IsoPropyl-Amphetamine ?

I think it could be a quite interesting substance. However Google didn't lead me to any page that tells something about its effects.

I guess it could have a even longer half-life than N-Methyl-Amphetamine.

What do you think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylamphetamine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-iso-Propylamphetamine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylamphetamine

All straight stimulant drugs of lesser potency than the n-methyl homolog (methamphetamine).

Methamphetamine is the "sweet spot". ethyl amphetamine is weaker than meth, and propyl and isopropyl weaker still.

Also i think there's a good chance they'd be more selective for NE over DA (read: less interesting), based on the cathinone analogs (ethcat being a strong, selective, NE releaser, while methcat is a normal stimulant).

I wouldn't call meth that sweet a spot... ;)

Dissing the suggested compound on the grounds of being weaker in effect/less potent than meth isn't really fair is it? That would be discarding 99% of all stims.

Don't know about the suggested stim, but the close relative ethylamphetamine is said to be very pleasant and falling in between meth and regular amph in dosage.

N-Isopropylamphetamine

Is N-Isopropylamphetamine mainly dopaminergic? I read that it's weaker, but last much longer. How long does it last? What's the dose range? There's not much information on it. If it's mainly dopaminergic and last longer, and if it's noticeable enough it would be a good stimulant to stack with other compounds that affect norepinephrine and adrenaline receptors and others. The combination of receptors activated would probably have a "more learning" effect.

apparently there isn't much info on this chem around

wiki does state - just like you said - that the 'isopropyl moiety' would reduce stimulant activity but greatly increase the duration. no info on how it affects NA/DE specifically though

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/492413-N-IsoPropyl-Amphetamine

here's a thread about it from some years ago. apparently, it's a chem that never got much attention.

may be someone more knowledgeable could shed some light? your best bet would be somebody who has tried it chiming in...

I don't get what the point of long lasting stimulants is, they seem to be much less healthy and more likely to induce states of tweaking and restlessness resulting in psychosis.

I don't get what the point of long lasting stimulants is, they seem to be much less healthy and more likely to induce states of tweaking and restlessness resulting in psychosis.

Some people need to keep going and have energy for long periods of time.

n-propyl-amp is really weak, so I wouldn't expect much.

ebola

Ok, 2-DPMP is just too long lasting. But besides of that, I prefer the longer lasting ones (e.g. the fluoro-methamphetamines or 4,4'-dmar) over the short ones (like ethylphenidate) as they tend to have ugly adrenergic build-up issues with repeated dosing. And it's just annoying to keeping always an eye on the clock.. or to watch out for rebound signs.

I read that it's weaker, but last much longer.
Sounds promising for sure. At least if that "weaker" would in fact mean "more dopamine and less norepinephrine".

apparently, it's a chem that never got much attention.
Always wondered what causes some chems, like MPA with shitty effects but unfavorable media/customs attention (methamp analogue- a heroin analogue couldn't be much worse) to be available widely while other interesting little ones no one has ever heard of. Could it really be just the ease/difficulty to synth and/or precursor cost..? But think all these noids aren't that easy to synthesize either.

Last edited:
At least if that "weaker" would in fact mean "more dopamine and less norepinephrine".

Ethylamphetamine suggests this a possibility, though I don't think that evidence from 2 compounds (meth and ethamp) is sufficient to reliably predict n-propyl-amp's activity.

ebola

don't branched alkyl chains on the nitrogen increase the affinity for adrenergic receptors? i would expect more peripheral side effects with this one.

Short answer: None of us has a fucking clue. Feel free to try taking some and report back!

Wish I could try some of this. I'm a huge amphetamine fan, an ampiophile? Or maybe stimuliophile?

has it ever been produced? i dont think ive ever read about it. but i dont think it would be as active as methamphetamine if it was active because the methyl group is known to be a major addition to the power of it.