• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

N.F. From an Injection site??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
So I was with my friend today and she regularly uses IV cocaine and heroin. She looked sick (like very pale, sweaty, seemed kinda disoriented) and I noticed stains on her pants leg. I asked to see it and she said "My doctor looked yesterday and said I had cellulitis). She showed me and...it did NOT look like cellulitis. A deep red rash went from her calf to mid-way up her thigh (LIKE Cellulitis) but the center was a deep purple...like an ashy purple, and she had a few lesions in the area. When she initially lifted her pants leg up there was a foul smell, too that reminded me of when I found my neighbours cat several days after it had died.
I was like "If that just looked like cellulitis YESTERDAY you have to get the the hospital RIGHT NOW". I went for the phone and she got hysterical (really hysterical, she hit me).
She kept moaning "ow, ow, ow" when she walked and I SAW what looked like flesh like...come off with her pants when they rubbed against it when she pulled them down.
She's left now and I'm really worried. I'm 90% sure that she has Necrotizing Fasciitis. Should I call an ambulance to her home against her will? She has a rapidly spreading rash with black areas and septic-looking lesions and she had a fever and was in severe pain.
I don't care how mad she gets or even if she never speaks to me again if the alternative is that she DIE! I'd be shocked if she kept the leg tbh.

What can I do? Can I legally MAKE her get help against her will? Her reasons for not are how opioid dependant she is. She get's bad withdrawal in just a few hours and knows she can't use in hospital, plus she says she needs to keep using heroin for the pain.

Yeah dude I'm pretty liberal on ignoring shit and treating it yourself, but your friend needs emergency medical intervention right now. Not in the morning or sometime tomorrow, right the fuck now. Keep ignoring it and it's not going to be loss of the limb, it's going to be septic shock and death any time now. The responders will be able to force the issue against her will if she's clearly unstable and in danger of immediate death (which, to be clear, is absolutely the case).

Last edited:
Yeah mate it’s best to get her help. Perhaps if she shares that she has an opioid dependency they’ll give her something during her stay

You damn sure did the right thing. How is your friend? Did they force her to go to the hospital?

Yeah, she's in hospital now. It IS Necrotizing Fasciitis. They found her like semi-conscious on the sofa at home. She's in ICU and getting IV anti-biotics, hyperbaric oxygen treatments etc but has had an above-knee amputation on her left leg and lost a lot of the muscle in the thigh during debridement.
They say she's got a good chance of surviving but is already needing another operation to remove necrotic tissue from her thigh, perineum and vagina. So, it's still very serious.
I was told this when I called the hospital; I haven't managed to visit or speak with her directly as she's too sick.

That's terrible, I can't believe that has happened, I thought you'd of come back and said yeah it's okay now, but shit thats bad, could of been worse though but still, poor woman

Okay she's had further debridement of infected tissue and they say they got it all but they MAY have to operate again in two days because of the nature of the bacteria any microscopic remaining amount can spread significantly in just hours.
They said if I'd waited another 4 hours (est.) to call it would have spread to her perianal tissue leading to Fornier's Gangrene which most likely would have cause bowel necrosis and subsequent septic shock.
She's been awake and actually asked for me (I hope to thank me and not scream abuse at me) but I'm not allowed to visit because even though it's a bacterial infection, not a virus, it CAN be spread by contact and I have a compromised immune system....and, yeah, I'm not keen on turning into a character from Cabin Fever.

Wow, thank god you acted, good for you. If she screams abuse at you for it, then that's insane.

You get a gold star, you saved somebody;s life there.

I hope your friend takes this as a sign to be more respectful of their body :)

Holy shit. You did the right thing and I hope your friend recovers.

Just thought I'd post an update to say my friend is out of hospital and doing really well physically. Mentally she's not in the best place, but who would be after losing a limb and other bits. She's starting to cope now. She's has had several scans and currently has no necrotic tissue.

Just thought I'd post an update to say my friend is out of hospital and doing really well physically. Mentally she's not in the best place, but who would be after losing a limb and other bits. She's starting to cope now. She's has had several scans and currently has no necrotic tissue.

That's brilliant mate. She's lucky to have a friend like you <3

Well done on you for having the guts to go against your friend in her best interests.
You at least saved her life and she should be thankful someone cared this much. A friend in need is a friend indeed. Cliché but true here. You've proved you're a good person.
Let's hope your friend can turn her life around and learn to love herself more. She needs a lot of psychological support after this but I know first-hand addicts in general are self-medicating mental anguish of some kind in the first place.