• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My veins

sickmode

Greenlighter
Guys I am seriously worried. I have done more damage to my veins in 6 months from injecting suboxone than I have in 11 years of IV heroin use. In 11 years I haven't collapsed a single vein but after 6 months of injecting suboxone 2=5x a day I pretty much have zero usable veins. While one of my veins actually turned a deep purple and blue most of them just stopped hitting for whatever reason without notice. This is an absolutely horrible feeling, as suboxone and subutex are useless to shoot, there is no euphoria it is all about the needle fixation. I am scared I will never experience the pleasure of IV drug use ever again as the whole plan was to save veins for the occasional use. I dunno what happened. As soon as I started injecting suboxone I couldn't stop. It has been 3 days since I have injected anything but I am left with sharp pains in some of my best spots.

So tell me guys do I have any hopes of any of these veins coming back to enjoy the un=comparable pleasure of IV drug use on occasion?

Please tell me there is hope

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but once they're gone, they're gone. Give it enough time and you might see other veins appear as the blood flow redirects, but most of these blow as soon as you hit them because they're usually just smaller veins that have swelled to cope with the extra volume of blood.

I've not IVd for about ten years, having lost all easily accessible veins. I've had one decent vein appear in that time, which I'm saving for medical reasons.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but once they're gone, they're gone. Give it enough time and you might see other veins appear as the blood flow redirects, but most of these blow as soon as you hit them because they're usually just smaller veins that have swelled to cope with the extra volume of blood.

I've not IVd for about ten years, having lost all easily accessible veins. I've had one decent vein appear in that time, which I'm saving for medical reasons.

Why do some people say that they do though? You must understand this comes as a shock as I don't want to have to take my drugs like normal people and now I feel like I won't really have a choice in the matter. Can irreparable damage really occur over a 4-6 month period like that?

This is horrible news bro

Yes it can, say goodbye to those veins, they can recover even severely damaged but when they collapse they are gone for good, if you have any good veins left SAVE THEM, its extremely important for medical reasons. Cardiovascular and resistance exercise will help the new ones come up but they will be smaller and much more fragile.