• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

my treatment decreasing the euphoria related to freebase cocaine first time use

peopleawake

Greenlighter
Hello, i am a first time poster and i welcome you all.
Here is my testimony :

I tried for the first time freebase cocaine using a glass pipe, and filled my lungs with it using the appropriate method but i did not notice any rush at all, just a slightlly confident, euphoric and energetic feeling.

FYI, i am bipolar and taking daily : 1000 mg divalproex sodium, (depakote) 20 mg aripiprazole (abilify) some long acting benzos like clonazepam and bromazepam (so irregularly that i cannot tell you the average daily dose).
I had also an history of 2 years of buprenorphine 4mg daily and 20 cigarettes daily abuse that thankfully i overcame one week before taking CC.

I wonder what drug decreased the CC effects, probably the benzos and the history of bupe abuse that left me with a "depleted dopaminergic system", for a lack of a better phrase...

Thanks for your insights.

I wonder what drug decreased the CC effects, probably the benzos and the history of bupe abuse that left me with a "depleted dopaminergic system", for a lack of a better phrase...

Thanks for your insights.

Buprenorphine should not decrease cocaine or crack's euphoria whatsoever. As nuke said, it's probably the Abilify.

yes indeed, the abilify !

i checked not so long ago the wikipedia article on aripiprazole, and didn't pay attention to this : (quoting from wikipedia)

Cocaine dependency

Perhaps owing to its mechanism of action relating to dopamine receptors, there is some evidence to suggest that aripiprazole blocks cocaine-seeking behaviour in animal models without significantly affecting other rewarding behaviours (such as food self-administration). (19)

# ^ 'Aripiprazole Blocks Reinstatement of Cocaine Seeking in an Animal Model of Relapse' Biological Psychiatry. Volume 61, Issue 5, Pages 582-590 (1 March 2007) http://www.journals.elsevierhealth.com/periodicals/bps/article/S0006-3223(06)00484-7/abstract

Depakote is an extremely strong drug that drastically reduces or changes the effects one gets from drugs. One of my best friends was on it through middle school, high school, and part of the first year of college. It made him feel like a zombie and although he wasn't so angry anymore (he was prescribed it because he had a lot of rage issues and in 5th grade he stabbed a classmate with a pocket knife). He went off it because he felt like he wasn't living, and it changed his life and now he's fantastic and successful and happy. But anyway, the point is that when he was on it he said that NOTHING would effect him much at ALL. He's smoke loads of marijuana and not feel a thing. He's use cocaine and not feel a thing. He'd use psychedelics and not feel a thing.

Abilify is also a strong antipsychotic, and those also blunt the effects of drugs, especially things like cocaine, since antipsychotics affect the dopamine system.

Hey there I'm also on abilify. 15mg abilify and I've tried mdma several times with the same findings everytime. I dont feel a thing. Like I mean legit the people I were with were rolling hardcore. And I was fine. The only thing I've changed since my younger days when mdma worked on me was my medications. Also a crack user but pretty much only started once already on abilify if you're telling me the effects of crack can be more intense without the abilify that's nuts. Because crack works for me. The only drug that doesnt is mdma and I have a tolerance to mushrooms despite never doing them.

but I also take d-amp which is probably what kills the coke and the cravings.
i use adderall from time to time after a coke binge to get rid of any cravings and it always does the trick, BUT everyone should know that any amphetamine use regardless adderall, dex, vyvanse, etc. reduced the effects that cocaine has for up to a week after you last used any type of amphetamine (likely with how amphetamine increases dopamine for an extended time vs cocaine's up and down effect which is what makes it so fiendish aswell as i feel is the main factor that makes it enjoyable aswell assuming you don't tend to fiend on it often)
wanted to add a warning

Don't mix the stimulants, even if you're very tolerant it's best to keep safety as a priority (i'll wait a few hours if i havent decided to take a benzo to sleep prior to using addy to get rid of coke cravings (while i sometimes have used them simultaneously i HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST such use it is very dangerous)