View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My strange post lsd experience

hockeyman

Greenlighter
The other day I took 1 tab of lsd in the morning with a friend. This was not my first time and I have dosed larger amounts in the past however im not extremely experienced with the substance.

After I could no longer feel the effects I went home (about 12 hours give or take.) When I got home I ate an eddible and smoked a bowl then started to feel some of the effects come back on so i relaxed and watched some tv enjoying the slight feeling that was left.

As I focused on a reflection on the wall I felt a strange pressure in the middle of my forehead and the more I focused the more prevelent this pressure was. I had only felt this once before and that was the first time I had ever taken lsd (2 tabs). The first time I felt it I also had a feeling like I had to go through something (not sure of the words to properly explain this feeling).

I decide to focus even harder and then all of a sudden I felt as though I had leaped through something however I hadnt moved.

As I looked around, my room felt complete different. It was still the same but it was like I saw it through a different pair of eyes. As I continued to look around, it felt as though i was looking out of the center of my forehead (where i had felt the pressure while focusing) and not my eyes.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Is this similar to looking through your third eye?

I am extremely confused by these feelings that I experienced and to be honest I can't tell if after I woke up the next day I went back to seeing things the way I used to or if im still looking through my forehead and have simply grown accustomed to it.

Drug induced awakenings are usually short lived, and easily shrugged off, by the folks that believe in science.Learn some meditation techniques and the effects may become permanent.In eastern lore these brief awakenings are called "Siddhis" and usually are asociated with learning to meditate.As our subconscious opens up, many, unused portions of the brain, are connected that lay dormant up to now.Psychedelics are similar in effects to a beginners meditation mind, and open up similar portions of the brain.I used to work at a local university, studying the effects of meditation, on the mind.I only wished it, spilled over, into psychedelic research.Much more knowledge is needed to explain phenomenon like you experienced.

LSD and other psychedelics are well known to facilitate and catalyze meditative states, and I do think there is a learning or developmental effect that could be considered possible to 'unlock' certain states of consciousness.

The neurology of it probably has to do with brainwave coherence especially in frontal lobes, and perception of your surroundings / proprioceptive awareness can be incredibly enhanced in some concentrated states of consciousness. Sounds like you lapsed into one such state, made easier by the tripping.

Yes, that really sounds as if your third eye opened, this happened to me just one week ago. This might have been a strange expérience for you but there exist so many more things in our inner psychic landscape that we normaly don't feel