• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! My Son and E, Butylone (bk-MBDB), MDMA, Mephadrone use and has now attempted suicide

Your son absolutely needs professional help.

Excessive drug abuse leading up to a suicide attempt is not good, and is almost certainly not something you should attempt to deal with alone.

Seriously, seek professional help as soon as possible. You do not want him to go back to university and potentially make another suicide attempt, which could be successful.

This is not something to fuck around about.

True.. but i'm willing to bet my left nut the doc throws him on SSRI's and sends his info to a drug couselling place for them to contact him.

He probably just needs to lay off the drugs.. St Johns Wort pwns SSRI's (From personal experience.. + SSRIs have alot more negative side effects and are a bitch to come off)..

True.. but i'm willing to bet my left nut the doc throws him on SSRI's and sends his info to a drug couselling place for them to contact him.

He probably just needs to lay off the drugs.. St Johns Wort pwns SSRI's (From personal experience.. + SSRIs have alot more negative side effects and are a bitch to come off)..

Psychiatrists and therapists tend to take things like suicide attempts pretty seriously, and so should you.

While we're on the topic, the "he probably just needs to lay off the drugs"-thing is precisely the attitude that causes mental health professionals to "just throw him on some SSRI's" and eschew, say, cognitive-behavioral therapy.

The fact of the matter is that you don't know what's happening, that I don't know what's happening, and that no one on this board is capable of making any sort of diagnosis based on second-hand information relayed by the boy's father.

This is a situation that requires a professional and suggesting otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible.

I agree, I remember hearing that for people who have mild or moderate depression, SSRI's were no better than placebos at combating depression, but it is in cases of severe depression that they are able to make a difference. So in your sons case were there is a drug induced chemical imbalance, other drugs that increase serotonin levels could provide some relief.

Yeah definitely, from a pharmacological standpoint it makes complete sense. I mean, the compounds he was using are known to elicit their effects because they efflux serotonin. It would seem logical to put him on a low-dose SSRI for a short period of time, which would definitely lend a hand to help his serotonin system find homeostasis again.

I definitely think that rigorous, highly loving/supportive psychotherapy is absolutely necessary as well. The medication is just like a spare tire to get you to the nearest auto shop-- you can only drive on it for a short while, but in some circumstances you sure would be screwed without it. But yeah for a short period of time, the guy really needs some pharmacological help regaining healthy levels of serotonin IMO-- this will help relieve a bit of the crushing depression so he can work out the root of his problems (which is the whole point of medication, to make psychotherapy possible so you can actually work out the problem and heal).

While we're on the topic, the "he probably just needs to lay off the drugs"-thing is precisely the attitude that causes mental health professionals to "just throw him on some SSRI's" and eschew, say, cognitive-behavioral therapy.

The fact of the matter is that you don't know what's happening, that I don't know what's happening, and that no one on this board is capable of making any sort of diagnosis based on second-hand information relayed by the boy's father.

This is a situation that requires a professional and suggesting otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible.

I have been contemplating suicide, and have heard others contemplate suicide because they have taken too much drugs (amphetamine / mephedrone / MDMA) and have a very rough time coming off of it. This is greatly increased when usage is frequent..

You're right, i don't know anything about him.. But I know that doctors will throw him on SSRI's wether they are needed or not.. and being addicted to SSRI's isn't fun. So why not give a break from drugs a try first?