• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids My Plan to Avoid Physical Dependence

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I'm getting my Gabapentin every 28 days now and have a plan which I hope will eliminate tolerance each month while still abusing and also not getting physically dependent on it.
So this month I took/abused it for 19 days and ran out (intentionally) so now I am abstaining for the remaining 9 days. I'm at the end of day two now and zero physical or psychological withdrawal or even cravings. Will 9 days be enough to return my tolerance to base level each month?
If I do this for every 28-day-script...will it continue working for me as well as it is now? (my previous scripts were for 14 days but I basically did the same and took it all in the first 9/10 days).

You are going to get a lot of different answers. When I reseached here on BL there have been responses from people saying they take gabapentin everyday and some still feel it. Others say 2 days between. Others say a week in between. And some say after the first time they never felt it again. And some claim they have never felt a thing ever.

I get 90 a month and do not want to become dependent. So once a week I will use it and it always works. I have gone as much as every 2 days for 2 weeks once and it worked evertime. I never reached a place of it not working but I am sure if I took it everyday it would get like that. I think the tolerance is a bit overated. I get very stimulated from once a week. If I add in another day 2 days later it actually feels calmer and more relaxed. Better. I have never had it not work but never pushed it either.

I have been trying to save the meds by substituting phenibut on my gabapentin days. It is my opinion that phenibut only mirrors what gabapebtin does about 20% and the other effects are different. It also does not get rid of nerve pain.(for me) Ah well.

I think you are smart to be careful with dependence. Doctors won't admit it but I believe my BL brothers and sisters. :) So yeah, make a plan and stick to it and you should be good. I have been scripted for 4 years and recently took 2 weeks off before I went back to my once a week schedule.

Hope I don't get tolerant, because I enjoyed it last time, just waiting for the opportunity to give it another blast, will be a once in a blue moon thing for me, so hoping out will be as good everytime.